Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:38 AM
ldrtraveler

Default Splendour of the Seas 10/23/04 Share shore tours?

I have done a lot of research and found a couple great shore tours lined up and looking for 3-4 others to share cost. You travel in nice, A/C vehicles, with English speaking guide, and see much more than the cruise line tours, and it's still less expensive. Please let me know if you are interested. Right now I have ready Villefranche (Nice, Monte Carlo, Monaco, Eze, etc!) and Naples (Pompeii, Sorrento, Amalfi coast, and more). Nothing against the ship tours, but overall I will see far more not being on large bus, and you can customize the cruise tours. I am trying to include quite a bit in a full day tour - don't want to miss anything! We pay on tour, not in advance, but need to commit to the tour operators so we get the best. Let me hear if you are interested. I am still working on the other ports.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Splendour of the Seas 10/23/04 Share shore tours?

Hi! We are going on the Splendour out of Barcelona on 9/11. We are looking for and finding some tours that look better than the ship's expensive excursions too... What groups/tours have you found? For Rome, we are considering a minivan 8 person tour with portcompass.com for $109 per person. For Naples, we are considering a minivan tour to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast and Sorrento for 500 Euro (total) for 6 people. We have just started trying to find others to join us.
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Tanzi

Default Re: Splendour of the Seas 10/23/04 Share shore tours?

We are taking the same cruise a week earlier. Where have you done your research? I just got the book with the RCI tours and am not sure where to begin looking. Thanks for any help.