Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Dow Dow

Default Brilliance of the Seas

Anyone been on this ship lately? Will be on her 8 April 05 for 10 days to the Panama canal. Any comments? Anyone gone on the canopy tour through the rainforrest in Limon , PR? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to Dave Pearce Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Pearce
Default Re: Brilliance of the Seas

I am booked on the Brilliance for the 11 day Ulimate Caribbean cruise on March 7, 2005. I can forward you my review and some pics when I am done. Plus check out this web site which has great pics of the Brilliance.

http://home.tiscali.nl/t411310/bri/brilliance01.htm

Ruby Princess - Nov 11-18, 2012
Monarch Of the Seas - Oct 18-22, 2010
Radiance Of the Seas - Oct 14-19, 2009
Sovereign Of the Seas - Sept 26-29, 2008
Explorer Of the Seas - May 15-22, 2005
Voyager Of the Seas - May 19-26, 2002
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:29 AM
rkamen

I am booked on the December 13, 2004 11-night ultimate Caribbean sailing. We were on the Brilliance for the 10-night cruise in December 2002. We have been on the Celebrity M class ships and the RCCL Voyager class ships and I personally think the Brilliance was the nicest and best size/layout of any ship we've been on. That is my opinion with 20+ cruises under our belts. It was also almost brand new in December 2002 when we cruised on her the first time.

We are going on the Voyager Sept 24th with our entire family. They all voted for the Voyager since it is leaving out of NJ and most of our group of 25 are coming from the NY/NJ area. I would have preferred a ship other than a Voyager class. The December trip is just my wife and I.

There was nothing about the ship, food, service or amenities that I did not like. Usually I'll nit-pick about something. I guess my only complaint was that after a night of sailing, our furniture on the verandah was either wet or caked with salt. Our room steward always washed/wiped it down, but that was way after breakfast and I would have preferred to eat out on the verandah. But, after spending 25 years on boats and ships of all sizes, damp and salt caked chairs and fixtures (fishing rods, bait stations, etc) are a fact of life.

You will absolutely love the ship - and if you get a good room steward and good waiters - you'll have a wonderful trip.
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas

What floor were you on and where was your cabin located such that your verandeh got wet and caked w/salt? I'm sailing her in 1/05 for 10day PC cruise as well.

Disney's Wonder 9/18/05
Old August 10th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Ruthie

We are on Brilliance to Panama 10 day 4/8/05 also.
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:13 AM
rkamen

We were on deck 7 - Category E3.
Damp and salt on the ocean are a fact of life.
No big deal - Like I said, if I had to nitpick, that was the only item. Would have been the same on any ship - depending on wind, sea conditions and weather (rain).

I love the Brilliance and had no hesitation booking her again for our December 2004 trip. Verandah and all.
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Admiral

My wife and I were on the Brill. this past Feb. Deck 8, cat E-3 on the hump. We did the 11 night ultimate Caribbean. We had such a great time we booked the same cruise for Valentines day next year. We found the Schooner bar to be our favorite place to hang out. Heres a link to my webshots site with some pics of our cruise. I'll be adding more soon. Enjoy.
http://www.webshots.com/search?query=set2cruz&new=1

Oh, that pic is of our balcony, we had no problem with salt and spray.

Post Edited (08-11-04 10:37)
Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old August 11th, 2004, 12:48 PM
hcat

Thanks for the nice photos We are booked for the RT Panama Canal, March 05 We got to see the outside of the ship in St Thomas on our Summit cruise this yr & it looked like a great ship. We have a hump cabin....Already have an active group on the cc rollcall board!
Old August 12th, 2004, 02:57 PM
First Mate

Did the 10-night Caribbean in 2002 on the Brilliance when it first came out and just loved this ship. It's nautical decor is beautiful.

I must say after thinking that the Voyager class (Explorer, Navigator, etc) was the best at the time, I now think that the Radiance class is much better.

I'm booked on a back-to-back on the Jewel of the Seas next December and I'm also planning to do the Radiance of the Seas as well.

The Brilliance is definately back on my agenda for 2006.

Only wish the dining room food was a litte better, but it's no big deal, the solarium pool and Seaview Cafe makes up for it. Try Portofino's and Chops specialty restaurants, well worth the money.

Haven't been to Limon, but the website has plenty of info on the ports. But if you like tropical foliage the rainforest is worth seeing.

Have a great cruise.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Dow Dow

Thanks guys for all the info. It really helps. Hope to see youall on the Brilliance on 8 April, 05.
Old August 13th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

We also are on Brilliance April 8,2005. We have a great group of people on the 'other cruising board' hope you signed up for the meet and mingle party. Hope to see you there.

Jeanne and Ellis

Old August 13th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Dow Dow

Just signed up. We have 21 so far. Have no doubt we will make it. See you there.
Old August 14th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

DowDow, Will you being coming over to the "other" Cruise board? We have a great group and chatting every day.

Old August 14th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Dow Dow

I frequently visit the other location, however I have problems logging on for some reason. Will try again.