Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Passenger

Default Does RCCL allow carry on liquor?

Princess allows you to bring beer and wine on board, does RCCL allow this?
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Captain

Default Re: Does RCCL allow carry on liquor?

Officially, they reserve the right to take it from you. Realistically, you can do it. Put in in your checked baggage (not carry on), and be sure to put in in a ziploc bag (or two), and make sure it's well padded. You don't want a nasty (smelly) surprise when you unpack. Have fun.

Old August 10th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

recently returned from Navigator. Took spiced rum on board in my carry-on (did not want to take a chance of placing it in checked luggage with all my clothes) in 16oz plastic ice tea containers, and any clear liquor can be carried on in plastic water bottles. The small sized bottles are convenient for placing in your beach bag and for use at pool side if you have the soda card. We took one bottle of wine aboard in our carry on also with no difficulty. Our travel agent sent us and our friends both a bottle of wine to our staterooms, we asked the porter for a corkscrew, opened the bottle in our rooms, recorked it, and then carried it to dinner with us with no problem. Would not have done this every night, but desired to use the wine that he sent us.

Relax and have a good time. The drinks of the day are served sometimes in beautiful glass glasses which are yours to keep. Our bar bill was not really that high since we took our private stash for occassional use.

Bon Voyage!
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just got off the Jewel and was able to buy the booze in their store and take it straight to my room at no extra cost,they told me that in europe they allow that!!!!

Great for me cause a bottle of bacardi here in holland costs about 20 euro's,and I paid 9 dollars for the bottle.

You will love the ship and have a great time!!!!!