Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Passenger

Default spa treatment

Hello, has anyone used the spa on VOS and can give me an idea of some of the things they offer and the prices? Especially the hot stone massages. I have searched for this information and cannot find it on the web. I'm also looking for samples of the menus. I would really appriciate any advice from you experienced cruisers. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:11 AM
socrmom92

Default Re: spa treatment

Every time I cruise I think I'm going to do this then can't bring myself to spend the cash. They usually have a wide variety of treatments - skin, muscle massage, etc, and they seem pretty pricey to me, but I'm not big into that stuff. I love to do it and often ask for it for gifts, but can't spend the money myself. Last time I went, even the basic stuff was close to $75-$100.
Old August 16th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Yeoman

I've seen the fee schedule posted a few times. It pretty-much matches all the resort hotel spas I've even checked out.
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Myrna

Think it may be close to $200. Iwas too cheap, so I spent $89 for a 20 minute facial and a 20 minute back massage. Thought that wasn't too outragious.
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Passenger

thank you all for the info.
Old August 16th, 2004, 10:39 PM
First Mate

My wife LOVES the spa. It is one of the main reasons we keep coming back. Prices are comparable to a decent land based spa. I found a price list that is prob a year and 1/2 old. You can find descriptions of spa services on the RCL website under Find a Cruise > Activities > Spa > Spa Services

Here are the prices I have. I don't think they have changed much.

Ionithermie - anti cellulite treatment - They claim you will lose 3-8 inches in 1 treatment $120

La Therapie Anti-Aging Collagen Correction Facial - 55 minutes $129

La Therapie Correction Facial - 45 minutes $99

Aromapure Seaweed Message 1 hr 25 minutes $160. With a spa facial $210

Total Face and Body Experience - Reflexology on base of feet followed by drainage message on calves. Next comes a firming massage on the thighs, then a pressure point massage up the back, around the scapular and onto the neck. Followed by a face and scalp massage, finishing with a full aromatherapy facial. 1 hr 45 minutes $160

Aroma Stone Therapy - 75 minutes $178

Basic Massage
Deep tissue, 50 mins $105
Full body, 50 mins $99

Manicure $40
Pedicure $55

Again, not positive which cruise this is from but I think it was 2002 so prices may have invcreased a bit.

Old August 18th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

I had a seaweed wrap on my cruise, it was AWESOME! My body has never been so relaxed and pain free. I have cronic back problems but after my treatment I felt great. To me it was worth the money.

Tip: if you take the tour on the day you board, you get discounts on all their services. Another tip: if you wait, they lower the prices themselves which is cheaper than the discounts they give. My massage was $200, they knocked $20 off for the tour, two days later it was $170 and I think it was down to $150 towards the end of the week.

Naturally they try to get you to buy their produces which are quite pricey, they're a waste of money, I got suckered into buying some stuff, definately not worth it, but the massage absolutely was.

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas