Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2004, 06:56 AM
ree

Default will children enjoy there self

im going on this cruise with loads of children but i was just wondering will they enjoy there self because the children im going with are really active and hate being bored
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: will children enjoy there self

Ree

We've cruised with our children (3-4 depending on school vacation schedules) and they have a ball. There is so much going on they won't have a chance to be bored. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:17 AM
cruisinisgreat

Default Re: Re: will children enjoy there self

We are also cruising with a bunch of kids...did your kids enjoy going to the kids club???? were you satisfied with the activities for them??? my kids are older but my other siblings have younger children and they are worried that there wont be enough for the younger ones to do ...so any info will surely help...thanks!!!!!!
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:04 AM
LDiana

We returned from the 7/30 Voyager cruise. My daughter is 10 and my son is 6. She enjoyed the camp much more, the room is the least desirable for the 6-8 year olds. They enjoyed going after dinner so they wouldn't have to go to t he shows. My daughter like to stay later (charge $5/hour from 10-1am). During sea days they enjoyed rock climbing, in line skating, miniature golf, basketball, and ice skating. All equipment, incl, helmets, is provided free of charge. They have a huge arcade room which does charge. Of course, riding elevators, swimming pools, hot tubs and running from one end of the ship to the next, kept them busy also. you will need to rest the following week if you try to keep up with them.
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:39 AM
cruisinisgreat

Default Re: Re: will children enjoy there self

Can you give me further info on your statement LDIANA...what did you mean by least desirable about the 6-8 year old room...and what is that you meant by camp??? sorry so many questions just would like to have as much info before we get on the ship as i can...not from there official website but by people who have actually used it...thanks!!!!!!!
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:37 PM
LDiana

Camp is the kid's club, sorry for the confusion. The 6-8 year old room according to my son and the counselors, was the smallest, had a small rock climbing wall and foosball...it was boring compared to the 3-5 had a sailboat, caves when you went down the slide, and a lego pen; the 9-11 year old room was larger, had a tv, basketball hoops and balls. The other two seemed to be designed a little bit roomier.

Hope that helps.
Old August 18th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We were on the Sovereign of the Seas and my younger children (9 & 11) really didn't use the kids program much. When the did they did enjoy it. My older ones were too old for a camp program.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old August 18th, 2004, 06:57 PM
JDMM

We took our first cruise on Mariner of the Seas July 25. Our two kids (DS 11, DD 7) had the BEST time. They are already asking to go again. We took advantage of Adventure Ocean -- the kids were always wanting to return. My 7 year old had a great time in the 6-8 year room.
Old August 20th, 2004, 12:05 PM
First Mate

Adventure Ocean, the kid's club or camp, has activities for the children in three sessions per day (1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 in the evening). After 10 pm there is a charge. The facilities for Adventure Ocean vary a bit from ship to ship, with the newer ships having the best/largest facilities. My kids are now 6 and 4, but they loved Adv. Ocean on the Mariner and on the Monarch, and took part each day for the morning and evening sessions. Sometimes they begged to go in the afternoon too. Our cruise in one week on the Legend will be our first experience with the 6-8 YO group.

Hope that clears things up.