CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Confused about passport, innoculation, etc (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/235761-confused-about-passport-innoculation-etc.html)

chelsea88 August 18th, 2004 10:20 AM

Confused about passport, innoculation, etc

Hi all! I am planning my first cruise in Nov, and after reading RCI's website, I'm still a bit confused. We will be going to Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West, departing from Miami.

Is it necessary to get a passport, or will a birth certificate & driver's license be fine? Also, will I need to get a copy of my innoculation record, or is that just for international trips?

Thanks for any advice!

CA Cruiser August 18th, 2004 10:25 AM

Re: Confused about passport, innoculation, etc

Yes a birth certificate and driver's license will do. The birth certificate must have the raised seal from the county and be sure it is not a certifcate of birth. People get them confused. Soon I think they will be requiring passports. They are only about $65 and good for 10 years. It only took 4 weeks to get ours so you still have time. Have a great cruise.

luv2B@sea August 18th, 2004 12:31 PM

You don't need your innoculation record but I would get a passport even though not required (yet). It just makes things a little easier and as CA Cruiser said, they're not that expensive and good for a long time.

There is nothing like your first cruise, you will love it! Then you will be addicted like the rest of us:)

chelsea88 August 18th, 2004 03:22 PM

Thanks to you both! :)

sw-cruise August 18th, 2004 04:37 PM

Also, even for domestic travel a passport is handy as backup identification in case you loose your drivers license/state identification/Ralph's Club card.

Cru August 18th, 2004 07:51 PM

passport is up to $85 now

CA Cruiser August 19th, 2004 02:27 PM

Cru, wow! I can't believe the prices now. Thanks for the update.

Passports are still $55 ($40 under 16 y/o) but now they have tacked on an execution fee of $30! The good news, if you are just renewing your passport, it is only $55.

any questions:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get_fees.html

OLD MAN August 19th, 2004 03:15 PM

CA Cruiser is correct. In todays world get a passport.. I'll bet that before long the birth certificate will be dead in the water and only Passports will be used.. The custom guys on the ships just hate to see birth certificates... They all want to see passports, That's what they are familar with.. OM

smtripp August 20th, 2004 10:57 AM

WHERE CAN YOU GET A PASS PORT (CAN YOU DO IT ON-LINE) THANKS

CA Cruiser August 20th, 2004 11:13 AM

SMTRIPP

Look up a few post above, I gave you the link to look up info for passports. All the information you need is there. The application is there and you can do it by mail. Hope this helps.

Chelsea04 August 20th, 2004 07:27 PM

We just went on the Majesty. Key West is SO much FUN!!!! All you need is a birth certificate and dl.

Dorothy August 21st, 2004 07:11 PM

Can't get passports online, but it's such an easy process. At the post office, we had the form filled out, picture taken and everything in under 15 minutes. Got them 3 weeks later.

dorothy