Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:40 PM
vail

Default TO TAXI OR NOT TO TAXI in Boston

We will be flying into Logan for a cruise aboard the Jewel of the Seas. We booked our own airfare so we don't have transfers to the pier, is it cheaper to take a taxi or pay the $20 each way transfer fee through Royal Caribean? Also are taxis hard to get ? Never been to Logan. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: TO TAXI OR NOT TO TAXI in Boston

That's a good question.. Here is the answer.. I am assuming that there are two people making this trip ?? Use a Taxi.. The RCCL fare for two persons is $40.00 from the airport to the ship dock when you use their bus.. The taxi fare is only about $15.00 for two persons from the airport to the ship dock.. You save about $25.00 per trip. Also you do not have to wait for the stupid bus and all of the other people and all of their luggage to be loaded on to the bus.. You just throw your luggage in to the back of the cab and you are on your way.. The taxi ride is only about seven minutes long.. I have done this servel times and it works just great.. The cab drivers are honest and will not rip you off or take you on a long ride.. The best part is when you get off the ship is to take a cab from the dock to the airport or to your hotel if you are staying over.. If you take a cab you will save another $25.00 and you will be in the waiting area of your airline before and bus people have even gotten on the bus at the dock. This is because the bus has to load 50 people and all of their luggage.. And it gets worse.. When the bus gets to the airport your airline may not be the first bus stop.. So you'll have to wait for the bus to make the rounds of the different airlines and the driver has to get their luggage off at each stop.. Maybe another hour untill they get to your airline, maybe not, but you never know ?? When you get off the ship the cabs are right there.. Maybe 100 feet from the ship. You'll see them they are all lined up.. Go to the first Taxi in the line and you are on your way.. Logan is a small airport (compared to LAX or JFK) so you will not get lost.. Don't worry about it.. Good luck..OLD MAN
Old August 19th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Captain

Well, I have to disagree with one thing OLD MAN said in his post above......When we arrived at the Boston cruise terminal on Brilliance OTS two years ago, getting a taxi was a nightmare. You had to get a ticket for a taxi, and wait until your number was called. It took almost an hour for our taxi to come up.

Old August 19th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

That very interesting... I got off of the Brillance in Oct. of 2003 (less than a year ago) and I just got off of the Maasdam three weeks ago and the Taxis were just right outside of the ship.. There was no wait , you just walk right up to the cab and get in.. Maybe two years ago things were not run as good as they are now.. "Two years ago" is old information in todays world.. OLD MAN
Old August 19th, 2004, 08:12 PM
vail

Default Re: Re: TO TAXI OR NOT TO TAXI in Boston

Thanks for the information. In July we arrived at Vancouver BC airport, found the RC bus, and then waited for the other passengers and their luggage to get on board. The bus ride took much longer than we thought it would to arrive at the port. In addition, it was a little pricy. But in all fairness, it was well organized and the RC staff were friendly and helpful. I think I'll take your advice Old Man and take a taxi.
Old August 25th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

why not try the water taxi?