Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2004, 09:57 AM
cruisinisgreat

Default post cruise day hotels????

Does anybody have any suggestions for hotels that offer day rates in Miami??? Our flight doesnt leave until later in the day and there will be 20 of us...we figure we could find a place that we can leave our luggage at go swimming or whatever we want to do...just to bide our time until we leave for the airport...thanks for all of your help!!!!!!

85 DAYS TILL RADIANCE OF THE SEAS...WESTERN CARIBBEAN
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: post cruise day hotels????

Hi Cruising,
Depending on exactly what time your flights are, they will offer some post-excursions once you are onboard. They really work out well, because at the end of them, you get dropped off at the airport, so once onboard, check into some of these, its a great way to spend a few hours and sure beats sitting at the airport.

Have a great cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 21st, 2004, 10:08 AM
First Mate

When sailing out of Miami, I always stay the night before and usually the night of returning, at the Best Western Hotel at Bayside (address is 340 Biscayne Blvd), along the port of Miami. It's about 6 blocks from the pier (by taxi - don't try to walk!) and a very nice hotel, I believe about 10 stories. Usually, will cost around 69.00 a night plus tax, etc.

The hotel is just across the street from the Bayside Marketplace Village area. This is a wonderful indoor/outdoor shopping area, with free outdoor concerts in the evening (w/dancing area), all kinds of wonderful restaurants (Bubba Gump Shrimp, Hard Rock and many, many more).

I know if you call the 800 number and get the number to the hotel and call direct....you'll get a better price. I always ask for the "manager's special".

Hope this helps!
Old August 24th, 2004, 11:10 AM
cruisinisgreat

Default Re: Re: post cruise day hotels????

Thanks so much for the info I sure do apreciate it...will check it out..and if anyone else has any suggestion..please send them on....Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 26th, 2004, 12:25 PM
coralcove

here is a well kept secert. many of the airports (miami) have pools and recreation rooms. after our last cruise our flight did not depart until 8:00pm but we were at the airport by 1:00. this helped pass the time. you may want to look into it.
Old August 26th, 2004, 12:58 PM
cruisinisgreat

Default Re: Re: post cruise day hotels????

really coralcove???? how do i go about looking into it...should i go on there website??? wow this sounds great...thank you so much for that info...you may have saved my life...lol..i am in charge of the day we pull into port until we fly back and i need all the help i can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 26th, 2004, 08:14 PM
First Mate

Coralcove is right! I can't remember which hotel, but I called the Miami airport and was told one of the onsite airport hotels (Marriott???) had a pool on either a top floor or on the roof, and there was a $10.00 fee to swim only. And, they had lockers available. I decided against it, because I didn't want to lug a wet swimsuit and "swim hair" when getting to the port to sail.