Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2004, 12:36 PM
SS

Default Explorer- Sept 5th

Hey out there- is anyone going on the Eastern Caribbean trip on the Explorer on September 5th?
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:02 PM
BobnLisa

Default Re: Explorer- Sept 5th

My husband and I will be sailing on the Explorer Sept. 5. This will be our 12 cruise on RCI. Can't wait. What do you have planned so far as far as excurisions?
Old August 30th, 2004, 12:15 PM
SS

San Juan- we don't have anything planned for here. Will probably just walk around and check things out like Old San Juan.

St. Maarten- nothing planned yet. However, we are going to get more info on the excursions once we get on the ship before we make our decision on what to do here (if anything). We do want to shop here for sure.

St. Thomas- we have arranged with Godfrey to pick us up from the ship at 9, then take us shopping until 12, then from 12 to 2 he is taking us on a tour of the island; then we are going to a beach of our choice (Magen's Bay/Coki Beach or Sapphire Beach) from 2 until 4. Then he is dropping us off at the ship.

Nassau- nothing planned yet. But we are probably going to take a taxi to Atlantis. Our TA mentioned that swimming with the Sting Rays here is also a lot of fun. Again, we're going to check out the excursions when we get on board.

If anyone has any other suggestions on what to do , it would be really great!
Only 3 more sleeps until we leave! Yay!
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:39 PM
BobnLisa

Your plans sound exactly like ours. I haven't set up Godfrey's yet but plan to do it and go to Coki Beach. My husband really wanted to do the sting rays but I heard it was lame and they swim around in cages?? Yuk! We've done Atlantis. Probably won't go again unless we are bored. I hear that rainbow reef snorekeing is good. We always bring our own gear so we can snorkel at the drop of a hat. We are thinking about horseback riding in SM and trying to set up a fishing trip in SJ. Interested?
Let's pray the weather is ok. I sailed around hurricane Mitch... no fun unless you just want to sleep.
We are excited and I am surprising my hubby with first class tickets from Seattle to Miami. He has no idea.
Who are you traveling with? Talk to you later.
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:52 PM
SS

That's a great surprise for your husband! First Class tickets! That would be great!!
Yes, we've set up Godfrey to pick us up at 9:00 from the ship. However, we were thinking of going to Magens Bay b/c we heard it was really nice. Is Coki better?
This is our first cruise, so we are going to check out Atlantis. But thanks for the tip on the Sting Rays, doesn't sound that great.
My husband isn't much of a horseback rider or a fisher, so we'll probably just end up walking around shopping and checking out the sites in SJ.
Do you have any idea on what is fun to do in SM?
I really hope we don't encounter any hurricanes. I'd hate to sail around it and miss some of the islands- especially since this is our first cruise!
My husband and I are travelling together; may get some friends from Michigan to join us.
Old August 31st, 2004, 09:35 AM
yagy

My husband and i will be cruising on September 5th. (Hopefully... we would have to see what happens with the hurricane. I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!

LET'S PRAY!!!! ARE YOU FROM MIAMI? FIRST TIME CRUSING?

THIS MY SECOND TIME.
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:47 AM
SS

Yes, it's my first time cruising. I'm actually from Canada!
We're taking our laptop with us so we can make sure we keep up with all of the weather/cruise updates!
If anything, we'll have stories to tell, right?
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:52 AM
yagy

Default Re: Re: Explorer- Sept 5th

LET'S CROSS OUR FINGERS!!!
Old August 31st, 2004, 11:19 PM
Passenger

I too will be on the 9/5 Explorer. Are you all going down to Florida on Saturday or are you flying in on Sunday morning?
Old September 1st, 2004, 05:07 PM
BobnLisa

We are taking the red eye from Seattle Sat night and arriving at 7 am Sunday. Don't know what to expect. I check the website and track the hurricane through Miamiherald.com as well as rccl.com. Pray!
Old September 3rd, 2004, 09:49 PM
RossnAlice

We are also scheduled to go Sept 5, We can not find out anything regarding wether the cruise is still on...does anybody know???
Old September 3rd, 2004, 10:33 PM
Passenger

I called today and they told me they probably would not have a decision on the Explorer until Saturday morning.
Old September 4th, 2004, 08:40 AM
SS

We are wondering the same. We got to Ft. Lauderdale a few days early hoping to get some site-seeing done in between. But we've been stuck in our hotel, not knowing if the ship is going to sail tomorrow or not. Judging by the news reports, I can't see how they could possibly sail tomorrow. Another one of the Sunday sailings has been postponed to sail until Tuesday! I hope this doesn't happen to us- but it does see inevitible at this time.
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Passenger

Looks like the Explorer is going to go as scheduled on Sunday. However, all the airports are closed until Monday at 12:00 noon. What are people supposed to do?
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:59 AM
bobnlisa

Our flight on Alaska Air was canceled (the red eye scheduled to arrive on Sunday am). Last night I scrambled to book on American their red eye arriving on Sunday am. Cost me 50,000 air miles and I lost first class. Boo HOO But I guess I'll see you all there>???What is everyone else doing? Sandy, I know you are in FL. Hold on, girl!
Old September 4th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Passenger

Sadly, I think I am going to be missing the boat !! Everything I see says that the ship will depart as scheduled on Sunday. My airline is saying that the Miami Airport is closed until Monday. However, RCI is saying they are able to get those guests that scheduled air through them rerouted to make it for the Sunday sailing. I am so frustrated! I cannot find any way to get to Florida to make it to the pier. I'm so disappointed !
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Can anyone who was on this sailing tell me how it was? I cancelled and ended up going to Las Vegas instead, but wanted to see what ports you went to and how the weather was. Thanks.
Old September 12th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Trudle

Hi,
Hope you had a great time in Vegas. That is where we were going and the AirPorts closed, so missed that trip and had Hurricane Frances instead. We are fine though.
Old September 13th, 2004, 04:04 PM
SS

The cruise was fabulous. We didn't sail out until Monday 10:00 p.m. The itinerary was completely changed to avoid the hurricanes. We went to Cozumel, Costa Maya and then Nassau. We got a $250 shipboard credit, and 50% off our next cruise. The weather was warm and wonderful and the ports were terrific!
We weren't disappointed that we didn't get to go to St. Thomas, San Juan, or St. Maarten at all. They definitely made the best of it!
Old September 13th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Passenger

That is great to hear. I was hoping it would be nice for those that made it.