Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:10 PM
outlaw

Default help with Cape Liberty Cruise Port

Can anybody advise if Amtrak stops anywhere near the Cape Liberty Cruise Port? Are there any car rental places on or near the site? My wife and I are thinking about taking the Voyager from Miami to Cape Liberty next spring, but will need to figure out a way home (we live in Baltimore). Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Dan p

Default Re: help with Cape Liberty Cruise Port

Hi Outlaw,Good luck on your cruise,We love ropo cruises.As for Amtrak.You can take a taxi from the ship [not sure what it will cost]to Newark Penn Station it is about a 30-40 min drive.you can get the train there or go to new york penn station but you will still go past Newark.I would suggest when it get close to the time get a time table.You can go on line and check it and figure what train to take.
So that you know I am a retired firefighter and my fire house was 5 blocks from penn station.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 05:48 AM
Passenger

RCCL has a bus service that goes from Cape Libert NJ down thru Balto to DC that runs for the NJ roundtrips. Check with your TA to see if they are running the bus on the tail end of the Repositioning cruise.
Old September 8th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

$65/pp Academy tours and MUST be booked through RCCL.

Old September 24th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava
Default Re: Re: help with Cape Liberty Cruise Port

Hey back from Canada on Voyager...today. I too am going on this cruise May 7 05. We are flying out of Newark to Miami. When we arrive we will get a cab or bus to airport and pick up our car. You could do same except catch a flight back to BWI for less than amtrack Im very sure. Check www.orbitz.com or www.travelocity.com...unless you travel free on amtrack.

Old September 28th, 2004, 04:59 PM
STRAYCAT

We are driving to NJ from Indy for this cruise. Will park at hotel (we hope) and fly to Miami, cruise back to Bayonne, spend a few days trekking back and forth to the Big Apple, and drive back to Indy. We can't wait!!!!! See you all there!

Julie