Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Robert Huss

Default Waverunner Rentals in Labadee

I was telling someone that I was thinking of renting a waverunner in Labadee, and they told me not to, because they are so expensive. (I think they are $99).

They told me that people said when they got off the ship, they went to the left, and not the right, and found local people renting them for $50??

Is that true? I thought Labadee is a private island? If it is true, I'll wait.

I'm just curious.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2004, 10:06 AM
elen

Default Re: Waverunner Rentals in Labadee

My son rented one on Labadee. I saw no other waverunners other than the ones to the right at ($99) which he reserved while on the ship. We didn't see any others available, and we had to walk from the left side to the right.
Old September 5th, 2004, 08:08 PM
RI_Tom

I just got back from Labadee and there are no other Waverunners which I saw being rented other then the ones to the right which are through RCCL. I went left and the only thing there is another beach for cruisers, a BBQ area, a bar and Dragons Breath. - I'll let you explore it to see what it is
Old September 5th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Robert,
No, I don't think thats true either, only ones we saw were the ones they used for the waverunner tour, which was great fun, worth the $99......someone is mis-informed or thinking about a different port.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 5th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Stacycruiser

Are the waverunners $99 a person or a waverunner? Can you get a third child on or are these built for two?

Thanks, Stacy

Old September 6th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Waverunner Rentals in Labadee

Hi Stacey,
They are per person and only 2 adults on one. There is a age limit, and if the child is old enough they would count as one from what I remember. All the waverunners had 2 people, some with older kids, but didn't see three.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:11 PM
browezilla

Labadee is completely access controlled by RCCL, so the only rentals there are RCCLs. The waverunners are $99/runner/50 minutes. The wave runner can hold 2 people. I've gotten mixed reviews of it. When we were on the Navigotor, 6 in our party rented them. 4 thought it was overpriced, and 2 loved it. I guess it really just depends how bad you want to do it :-) It isn't a GOOD deal, but then there isn't much to do there. Definitely try the Haitian market place there. Great carved wood and art at a good price if you haggle.