Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Passenger

Default Navigator 9-18-04

Hopefully we will be on Navigator on Sept. 18 (Ivan willing). Since Ivan is going right through all of our ports (Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Caymans) I was wondering if they might make an excusion of a clean up team and allow us to go in as an organized group to help. I would be willing to participate if it were offered at one port.
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Navigator 9-18-04

A group of 5 of us will be on that sailing as well. I would almost bet that if damage is too great we won't go anywhere near those ports. It would be a wonderful gesture to let us help out though.

Old September 10th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Navigator 9-18-04

Jamesb - glad to hear there are other people who read these boards who will be on the ship. It may be more of an adventure than any of us planned on. I know you are right and we probably won't get near the original ports. It will be a surprise as to where we do get to go.
Old September 10th, 2004, 09:32 AM
browezilla

Excursions are normally planned by the Cruise line well in advance. I doubt they would have a "cleanup" excursion as the risk of personal injury would be too high in such areas
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Passenger

I'm still looking forward to it. We're leaving for Miami Wednesday (assuming the weather lets us). As long as we can still get on the boat the following Saturday I will be happy. After 2 years of planning and waiting I'm ready! It's all I can do to sit here and make my self work.

None of us have ever cruised before so it will be an adventure regardless.

Old September 10th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Passenger

Jamesb - we leave the West Coast on Friday and agree that as long as there is an airport to land in and a boat to board we will be happy. We also have been planning for two years and it will be our 10 year aniversary. We get all giddy when a cruise commercial comes on TV.
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:07 PM
OutToSea

My husband and I, along with 2 other friends, are also praying we'll be on the Navigator of the Seas on 9.18 as well. We're planning to fly from Milwaukee, WI to Miami on Friday morning, so let's hope that Ivan doesn't ruin our vacation. Ocho Rios, Jamaica is the only place we've been in the Caribbean, so I don't at all mind if we visit other islands - just as long as we're not stuck at sea every day!
Old September 10th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Beginner

We are a group of seven. We are flying to Miami on Friday and hopefully Ivan will have passed Florida with little damage. They have suffered enough.

We are doing the 18th and 25th sailing on the Navigator and don't care if we miss the ports, we just want to get to the ship.

See you all onboard.
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Passenger

Well, it looks like we might at least be able to get on the ship. Let's just hope nothing else happens!

I'm going to try tog et in touch with Captain Marvins on Grand Cayman. We have snorkel reservations there. Since there is still over a week before we're there hopefully everything will be up and running again.

Everyone travel safe. We'll see you this weekend!

James

Old September 13th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Passenger

Have a great trip. We should all have a great cruise- no matter where our boat ends up!
Old September 14th, 2004, 11:47 AM
KC

We were on the Navigator this summer and you will have a wonderful time. If you were stuck at sea the ship itself is worth the vacation. I have been on 5 cruises and this ship by far is my favorite to date. My 14 year old son had a wonderful time as well. Good luck and happy cruising.
Old September 14th, 2004, 09:20 PM
buchie614

I will be on the Navigator on Dec. 11th. Can't wait, after this trip, I will have sailed all the Voyager Class Ships, I love them. Anxious to sail the Ultra Class when she comes out. Good luck, and happy sailings.
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Passenger

My family and I were on the Navigator two weeks ago during Frances. A 7 day cruise turned into 9, and 7 of those 9 days were spent at sea. I can honestly say we all had a wonderful time including two teenagers. Sure we missed the ports but if you have to be stranded somewhere during a hurricane, a luxury cruise ship is the place to be. Just being on the ship is a vacation in itself. And it was an adventure every day waiting for the captain's update about what was happening and where we were going. Royal Caribbean was great, and we have nothing but great memories from our hurricane cruise.
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Navigator 9-18-04

Thank you zinman - that's was what I needed to hear!
Old September 16th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Yeoman

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Ive been reading that Cayman will probably be closed to ships for the rest of the year due to all the damage. I dont know about Jamaica, but I would think it would be closed for some time as well.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal