Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Marilynne

Default where to mail complaints

I have a complaint letter I need to send to RCCL and cannot find an address online. I don't want to use e-mail. Besides consumer complaints and customer service any higher up addresses, like co. president would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:41 PM
First Mate

Default Re: where to mail complaints

Jack Williams, President and Chief Operating Officer
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old September 10th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Marilynne

Thanks Dalech.
Old September 10th, 2004, 04:07 PM
First Mate

No problem. Care to enlighten us on your complaint? Just curious, if you don't I understand.

Old September 10th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Marilynne

My sisters and I were in two cabins in the Monarch's Aug 23rd sailing. On Tue. morning our cabin was flooded by the one between ours. The couple had set off the sprinklers via candles. They had several inches of water in their cabin and got moved to supposedly the last available cabin on the ship. Our cabins were soaked clear to the center of the room. They put blowers in there but they did nothing but make noise, blow our hair around if we got in front of them and actually blew things across the floor.

The room was a disaster and we didn't want to stay in there. No relaxing or naps. By the next day the smell was unbearable and to make a long ugly story short we tried to get the head of guest relations to come see for herself what we were having to put up with. She would not return our call or come out of her office. Our cabin was on the same deck as guest relations and pretty much right around the corner from the elevators.

We had to keep our cabin door open when we were in there for the remainder of the cruise because of the HORRIBLE STENCH. People would get off the elevator and ask what the smell was. They had given us a $50 cruise card credit, but no other room. Funny how the people that caused the problem got a new cabin and we had to put up with a soaked carpet and awful smell that by then had kicked my sister's asthma in. Thur night head of housekeeping said he couldn't believe we were sleeping in there. The day we disembarked there was a crew that took our carpet out and put a new one in in under an hour. They wanted to make sure it was ready for the next guest but they couldn't have done the same for us. I must say our cabin steward was wonderful to us trying to make up for the mess we were living in.

When we got back we called to complain and they offered us $100 credit on a new cruise and we said no. A later call brought $250 off a future cruise. Two of my sisters areen't sure if they ever want to cruise again after the experience we had. We would like some compensation for the cruise we took, not a chance to get some money off a new one that we may not even use. Besides, they probably think the money they gave us off would come back to them in cabin charges at the end of the cruise.

We have a letter written and ready to send. I'll post back and let you know what comes of it.
Old September 10th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Passenger

oh ya i remember that thread,i agree with you i thought it was poorley handled ,hope things turn out good for you )))))

http://master.mx-targeting.com/mx/servlet/MXTarget?adcontext=http://cruise-forums.com/forums/read.php?f%3D24%26i%3D31852%26t%3D31852&contextpea k=0&contextcount=0&countrycodein=US&lastAdTime=109 4693573|1094609713|0|0|1094673784|0|0|0|0|&amp
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Admiral

From time to time you see a post pop up wherein someone is asking about burning candles on a ship.
This is a great example of why they shouldn't even be considered. Appears that the folks who caused the problem were taken care of with their neighbors being left to deal
the aftermath of the candle burners stupidity.
Hopefully the cruise line charged the people who created the problem for the clean up, etc. but that's highly unlikely.

Marilynne, I sure hope you get more than what you were offered by the cruise line. Did the people who created the problem ever apologize or say anything about what they had done?
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Why on earth would anybody burn candles in a ship's cabin? Just shows how
inconsiderate some people can be!

Marilynne, like all the other posters, I'm truly sorry this happened to you!
I hope RCI does the right thing by way of compensation to you.

I saw a show on the Travel Channel about Voyager of The Seas. As I remember,
Voyager carries replacement carpeting onboard. Maybe Monarch of The Seas doesn't have that. But, the fact the carpet was replaced within an hour of debarkation makes me believe that they do!

Jeff

Voyager of The Seas
October 8-17 2004
Old September 11th, 2004, 02:19 AM
First Mate

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I agree as well, the RCL could and should of handled it better. I hope you get a response to your letter.

Post Edited (09-11-04 09:35)

Old September 11th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Admiral

I always use http://www.planetfeedback.com and it will email the complaint directly to the CEO or head person.

Old September 12th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Delores

I have written 2 complaint letters in the past to Princess & Royal Caribbean. Both resulted in certificates for $100 off each person's next cruise. In fact, I have the last certificates from RCCL sitting here in a drawer, but I probably won't use them. But my complaints were nothing compared to your experience. They should give you a free cruise for what happened to you!!
Old October 1st, 2004, 08:23 PM
Sis

Default Re: Re: where to mail complaints

Oh boy, glad I read this thread......please don't get mad at me, but I too have already packed a candle to burn thought that it would be romantic to have out in the balcony and a nice frangrance........when we sat out there at night......who knows I may of even of had one in the room burning...I burn candles at home all the time....guess I should not bring it now.....I never thought that a candle would set off the sprinklers.....what about cigerette smokers?
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM
Admiral

I have never known of someone smoking cigarettes that set off the sprinklers on a ship.

The greatest threat to a ship at sea is fire. Burning candles in a cabin is not a good idea. Luckily, the people who had the candles just set off the sprinklers, which did create a big mess for Marilynne. Sprinklers going off won't sink a ship but fire cetaily will.
I wouldn't even consider burning candles on a ship. Just not worth the risk.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:28 PM
Passenger

I agree 100% .Why would ou take a chance of fire in a place you may not be able to get out of. Not worth the risk and I don't think the cruiselines would take lightly to candles buring in a room if they don't allow irons that could cause a fire. I think it is a common sense call.. I just got of the Glory and you know what? We had a balcony and that is romantic enough that a candle never entered my mind.............
Old October 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Admiral

You have every right to complain. All year you wait for this cruise and
when it comes its a nightmare.

Old October 3rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
jamiegunter

I would send letters to every high up person you can find. Thats crazy that they took care of the people who caused the problem. You may want to mention in your letter that if you dont here back from them that you are gonna turn them in the Better Business Bureau. Good luck. You deserve a refund, plus free cruise....
Old October 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Sis

I still don't understand how a candle would set off the sprinklers....what kind of candle is this and outside one....for bugs or something.....I now would worry about people smoking in their rooms and drinking and falling a sleep with a cigarette.......maybe they should also.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Besides flame, candles also give off a lot of smoke (much more than cigarettes) - which can cause the smoke detectors to set off the sprinklers.

Old October 3rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Sis

How do you do the clock thing.....
Old October 3rd, 2004, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

At the very bottom of the page (below the Reply to this Message box) is something called "Message Board Tricks!" It will tell you how to put the clock in your signature. If you have trouble, post on the ask Cruisemates staff or chit chat boards....someone smarter than I will be able to help you more.

Old October 3rd, 2004, 09:16 PM
Sis

clock test.....lol....I'm sure it's not gonna work