Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Which Airport for Port Canaveral

Which airport should i fly into for a cruise out of Port Canaveral.Also how much is the taxi for a family of 4.Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2004, 09:55 AM
tokathy

Default Re: Which Airport for Port Canaveral

Normally you would fly to Orlando (MCO) and bus over to Part Canaveral, but since the hurricane damaged the port many of the ships are sailing from Miami..... if your departure is soon I'd check with your travel agent to see if you have had a departure port change.
Old September 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

How much is the bus and also do you know of any good hotels.
Old September 11th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923

Brent,
We flew into Orlando last month for our Disney cruise from Port Canaveral the day before the cruise. I rented a full size car from Budget (about $45 daily) for the 4 of us and drove to PC. It was about 1 hour away. I stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites in Cocoa Beach which was convenient to shopping and restaurants. The price was $70 and about 10 minutes from the port by car. I left the rental car at the port ($10 parking daily) since our cruise was a 3 day cruise. If you are doing a 7 day cruise and renting a car, you might want to check out the Radisson at Cocoa Beach. They were $119 for the night but offer free parking and shuttle service to the port.
Enjoy your cruise. Which ship are you going on?
Old September 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Last week we flew into Orlando a few days before our Mariner cruise and rented a car from Budget but turned it in the morning of the cruise at their location across the street from the port. They have a free shuttle that took us to the port and we were the first ones there. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on A1A, 3 miles from the port. They offered free Internet and breakfast for $63. We stayed at the Radisson last year and the cruise crowd in the morning was awful, even with specific shuttle times. Lots of pushing and shoving! Now they shuttle cruisers from the Quality Suites also. I believe the Comfort Inn and Suites offers a cruise/car package also but I've only stayed there for high school class reunions.

Mickeymom923...Why pay for daily car rental and port parking? Couldn't you turn the car in then re-rent it if necessary upon return? Those were our plans until Hurricane Frances came and we had to dock in Miami after our "9" day cruise. That was about $165 extra expense you could have used on the cruise. Just a thought.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 11th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

You would fly to Orlando international. On my cruise a week ago, I went with Atlas motor coaches who charge 19$ each way. This company is only when you are sailing with Royal Caribbean. They have departures starting at 10:00 a.m. up until 2:00p.m right out of the airport. They were wonderful and the whole process was so easy.
Old September 11th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923

To CA Cruiser,

I checked out the prices for one day before the cruise and 6 days after the cruise and it actually cost more than the weekly rate plus 2 days. Even with paying the $30 in parking it was still less expensive to do it that way. Also, it was convenient driving to the port and leaving without waiting for shuttles.

Thanks for your advice. I wouldn't have done it my way if I was renting a mini-van or SUV because you are right, I would have wasted alot of money.