Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2004, 07:48 PM
rph

Default Concierge access

Hi I am booked to go on Serenade of seas in April 05 through panama Canal and as I am a platinum member and booked a Junior Suite was wondering how or if I can get access to the Concierge lounge.Also what times are it open and do you get free drinks in it at all times.

Thanks rph
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Alang

Default Re: Concierge access

I believe concierge service is for Diamond members and passengers booked in Grand Suites and above.

Alan
Old September 13th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Alan is right......Diamond anywhere on the ship and Grand Suite and above

rk
Old September 13th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Passenger

We got a red access card when we checked in before boarding and the concierge room was on deck 9 of our ship. It was open all day with continental breakfast available for a few hours in the morning with juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and in the late afternoon around 4:30 the bar was open with someone to pour your drinks, wine, beer, I believe some hard liquor was also available, champagne, hors d'ovres hot and cold as well as soda in the fridge The hot food was always the first to go, but they replenish it (chicken wings, spring rolls, fried shrimp, fried cheese sticks. The soda in the fridge (coke, club soda, sprite) was only available for the late afternoon time through around 8:00 p.m.

You can also book your excursions through the concierge (he was there in the late afternoon daily) he had a computer there to do this. Also available in the concierge room were dvds and videos to borrow as well as board games. Hope that helps. At the end of the cruise you can hang out in the concierge room in peace and quiet while drinking coffee or tea without being around the crowds in elevators and hallways and stairs waiting to disembark! I could not live without this concierge room--it was great!
Old September 13th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Dave P

Hi rph...as the posts have mentioned, concierge service is outstanding and hard to be without. However, a Junior Suite does not qualify for Concierge Service privliges. Our cruise in October will be our 10th on RCCL but until we book our 11th cruise, we are still paltinum members and not Diamond, so we booked an Owner's Suite for our cruise which qualifies for the Concierge Service.

So, to summerize, Grand Suite, Family Suite, Owner's Suite and Royal Suite qualify for Concierge Service, OR if you become a Diamond Card member after your 10th cruise, you get Concerige Service no matter what room you book.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Old September 14th, 2004, 12:16 PM
jess y

do you guys know what happens when diamond members travel with guests who are not? i am only platinum now, but will be diamond on my next cruise. my travelling companions, however, are usually not. would we both have access, or only me?
thanks,
jess
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Dave P

Hi Jess y....Unless RCCL has changed their policy recenlty, only passengers with a Diamond Card membership would have access, or people who are staying in a Grand, Owners, Family or Royal Suite.

So, the bottom line is....If you are a Diamond member and/or stay in one of the above suites, you and your friends will have access. If you are a Diamond member and your friends are not, and you are not in one of the above suites, only you will have access because you are a Diamond member, however, your friends will not have access.

Hope this helps.

Dave