Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Passenger

Default Cosmetic Bag on Airlines

It's been a while since I've flown. It used to be you could pack a change of clothes and all your cosmetics (Razor, Mustached scissors, Fingernail clippers, shave cream, etc) on a carry-on so you can make sure that stuff is available if luggage is lost. Are you still allowed to carry the cosmetics on board? Or are you made to check it in with the rest of your luggage.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Ginnie

Default Re: Cosmetic Bag on Airlines

You can not carry on scissors, they will have to be in your checked bag. They confiscated my brand new pair of cuticle scissors, when I had them in my carry on.
Ginnie
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Razor, fignernail clippers, any type of scissors need to be in your CHECKED luggage. Nothing sharp of flammable in your carryons are supposedly allowed.

Old September 14th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Yeoman

Nail files too if theyre the metal ones should probably go in check on. My dad was stopped for nail clippers.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old September 14th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Rather than guess go to the source of the rules. A visit to the Transportation Security Administration web site (www.tsa.gov) will provide a list of prohibited items that you can download or read online.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 14th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Passenger

Thanks All!

DougR. - After looking at that site, it appears I will be ok to carry everything on. My scissors are small, rounded end and everthing else they say is fine. Pretty good!

Thanks again!

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Yeoman

The rules have changed (and since the original rules, have consistently become less stringent) so things that were prohibited just a few months ago may not be prohibited a few months from now. (Of course, things could end up going in the other direction...)
Old September 15th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Emm

I would guess the scissors would show up on the machine, then they would have to take them out and check them -- if it were me i would leave all the metal stuff in my checked bag to avoid them having to look through my stuff. Even if they say they are ok because of the rounded edges, I would just rather them not open my cosmetic bag.
Old September 15th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Admiral

As mentioned the rules seem to change and from airport to airport, TSA follow them as they are instructed. Put all nail implements in your checked luggage. We were behind a young teenager at security before flying to our last cruise and they checked her "bag" over and over again before anyone else could go through. She had just received one of the Clingque Nail kits as a gift with purchase and had it in her backpack. The implements were no more than 3 inches large, but she had to give it up or go get her checked luggage back and put it in there. My DH and I both pack our bathroom bags into our small roll-on cases and check them with the big luggage. When we get to the airport, we just keep the smaller suit cases and roll them onto the ship. We don't worry about not having the "change of clothes" either. Always pack your jewelry, medications and of course travel documents in your carry on.