Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:53 PM
sw-cruise

Default Just back from Navigator of the Seas

I'm working on a complete trip report, but if you have any questions right now I would be happy to try and answer.

On the 9/11 sailing we did have to leave St. Thomas an hour early and miss San Juan, but other than that it was an excellent trip.
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2004, 05:24 AM
beabkc

Default Re: Just back from Navigator of the Seas

we heard of Johnny Rockets has a cover charge now. My teens always go is the cover charge 1 time for the whole crusie , daily or everytime you vist ? Can't wait to read your full report we leave on the 13th of Nov on the western. We love this ship . thanks
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Pascalle

IS THERE A BEN AND JERRYS ICE CREAM PARLOUR ON NAVIGATOR...AS THE NEW RC BROCHURE DOESNT FEATURE IT, NOR IS IT ON THE DECK PLANS....? I'M LEAVING IN A FEW WEEKS.....

PASCALLE
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Jennie V

Just came back from the 9/11 Navigatory also....
There is a cover charge for the Johnny Rockets -- 3.95 per person plus a charge for sodas or milkshakes and then 15% gratuity.

There is a Ben and Jerry's and that also costs about $3-5 depending on the order. Unfortunately, the Ben and Jerry's replaced "Sprinkles" which was the free 24-hour ice cream bar on the ship.
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:50 PM
beabkc

everytime you go to johnny rockes its 3.95 plus tip ????? No more free ice cream whats going on???????
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just back from Navigator of the Seas

They still have the free ice cream cone machines in a couple places on the ship including in the Windjammer. But they do charge for Ben and Jerry's which is located on the promenade. Don't know how much longer they will continue to charge for JR's. We were on the Navigator during the Hurricane Frances sailing a few weeks ago, and the place was always empty (unlike when we were on the Voyager last year when JR's was free and it was always mobbed). We had one Crown and Anchor coupon for a free JR stop, and when my two kids went the last night to use the one coupon they didn't charge for the other. I think people like JR's as long as it's free but aren't as willing to pay for it.
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:03 PM
sw-cruise

There is understandably a lot of confusion of the service fee in Johnny Rockets. It seems RCI has decided to do different things on different ships. On the Navigator the charge is there and is 3.95 per person. Shakes are also extra. A 15% gratuity is added and there is a spot on the receipt like all another place on board for an additional tip. My friend who was on Voyager tells me that there is no charge, so go figure. I'm sure they are running some sort of experiment to see what works and doesn't.

There are ice cream dispensers in the Windjammer that are free. Ben and Jerry's is an additional "nominal" charge.
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:13 PM
cruisinisgreat

Is there a Johnny Rockets on the Radiance of the Seas???? and do they charge on that ship???
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:53 PM
Jennie V

we had a great time on this ship!
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are going on the 9/25/04 cruise and am curious on what nights the formal evenings are and also what night is the carribean theme night is. I'm trying to decide on what night or nights to book either Portofino or Chops so that when we board the ship I can make reservations right away.
Thanks
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:48 AM
Beginner

I will be on the Navigator NOv 6-13. It is my first cruise. What is Formal night like? IS everyone super Formal ? Did you see many short formal dresses? How was the food?
Thanks
Sandra
Old September 23rd, 2004, 10:26 AM
Jennie V

Hi Sandra,

The formal nights are very nice. The food is great and the service in the dining room is wonderful. You have a choice of individual appetizers and several meal choices. There are short formal dresses- I wore one for one of the nights. I even saw what I would consider "sun dresses" worn. No one is checking your dress and making sure it is appropriate. It is not as strict as it sounds - just enjoy yourself.

Jennie
Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:53 AM
Beginner

Jennie
Thanks so much. I am not much of a 'formal" gal and was a little worried.
Sandra