Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:07 PM
rkamen

Default Parking in Bayonne

I know that there is ample parking in Bayonne at $12/day.
My question is - for the 9-day Craibbean trip on the Voyager - do they charge for 9 days or do they charge for 10 days?

I know this sounds like a nickle/dime question, but we a big group and trying to decide whether to drive 4 cars up to the pier, or take a van service both ways. From where we live, the van for all of us - including tolls and tips is about $400 roundtrip.

Anyone have any experince with parking in Bayonne, or a phone number I can call to get information?

Thanks
Bob
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Dan p

Default Re: Parking in Bayonne

If you take $12 x 9 =$ 108 x 4 =$432,you will save with the van,as long as the van can take all your baggage.If you have to pay the extra day add another $48,equals $480.Take the van,I think it is easier.
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wayneR

They charge you for 9 days, $108.
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:57 PM
LDiana

We sailed out 7/30 and driving was a dream. My husband dropped us off with luggage and went to park the car. The longshoreman hadn't even taken our luggage yet and my husband had already paid (108) and parked the car.

Upon return, we gathered our luggage and the longshorewoman put all the luggage on the cart. My husband ran ahead and she pushed her cart to the far end for nonlimo area (aka parked cars) . We arrived to the far area, she unloaded the luggage and there was my husband with car.

As we drove past all the people waiting for their car service, there were my parents waiting for their driver, who was circling the driveway. My father shouted it, "you were the smart ones" and away we drove as he and my mom waited for their carservice.

We always take car service to the airports and ny port terminals. We hate to leave our car, but this was a breeze and very economical and efficient.

Good luck.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:16 AM
Bill17

There are three lanes leading into the parking/pick-up/drop-off area. The far right lane leads to the parking lot. The middle lane is most efficient to drop off and the left is primarily for people who are coming in to pick up departing passengers from the last trip.

We were late arriving last friday due to Jeanne and Ivan. We weren't off the ship until after 3:00PM and there were Canada bound passengers arriving to embark.
Old September 27th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Included with our cruise documents was a pink card good for two (2) free days of parking at Cape Liberty Cruise Port.

Jeff

Voyager Of The Seas