Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Default Rude posters

Maybe its an education thing re boards, but you can actually post all your questions on one thread instead of creating one for each question.

The rudeness comes in when people go out of their way to reply to it with no response or reaction from the poster.

Sorry, but this is aimed at one in particular in todays top 20 and such spamming of questions with no reaction, does put off the people with the experience and answers to the question(s) replying.

Play the game
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2004, 05:31 PM
Ferret

Default Re: Rude posters

I think it's kind of rude to complain in the wrong forum. I came here to read about RCI.

(you better reply to this!)
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yes, DavyB, I know what you mean. This may be better posted under gripes though I imagine. But I am also bored with the same old questions, "How much for Portofino's?" or "How much is a soda card?" or the "Do they have toilet paper in the cabins?" or "Do they have chocolate milk?" or the ever maddening, "Are the pools saltwater?" or worse yet the "What time is the midnight buffet?"

Two more weeks and I will be at sea and most likely intoxicated!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:13 AM
Yeoman

Default Let's be reasonable...

I disagree that folks should ask multiple questions in a single thread. Quite the opposite. The point of Subject headers is to help readers understand what the thread is about, so they can make a decision as to whether to read a specific thread. Vague headers, such as "A few questions..." are useless in that regard. It turns a discussion board almost into a blog, which isn't nearly as useful. Furthermore, the Cruise Mates Search function is optimized to search Subject lines, so the more relevant to succinct Subject lines are to the content of the thread, the more useful the Search function is.

I agree that folks should search the forum before asking a question that has been asked before. I don't think folks who are new to message boards know about that option. Indeed, it took me two tries to remember where the Search function is on this board -- the word "Search" was so small and on the bottom of the screen. We cannot expect new folks to find it consistently if it isn't more prominent.

Old September 23rd, 2004, 06:46 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Let's be reasonable...

Bicker....

Quote...."We cannot expect new folks to find it consistently if it isn't more prominent."

You're right....we cannot expect NEW folks to find the search feature if it isn't more prominent (although, personally, I think its prominent enough). However, what I've been noticing is that a lot of the same questions are being asked by regulars to these boards. Regular posters should know how to find and use the search feature....it ain't that hard people.

I know, I know....this should belong on the gripes board, so this will be my last post on the subject on this board.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Let's be reasonable...

You're much more observant than I. I didn't even realize that it was the same people asking the same questions.

Old September 24th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Ferret, here is your reply,,,, whatever.........

I participate in these boards to give an opinion on a question or query, but some people treat you as if you are an online TA.

I have been on RCCL ships 12 times, I have covered most of their fleet. I have experience I will gladly pass on, but for it I expect at least a response or maybe even a thank you for taking the time and effort to reply to their question.

That’s what I mean by rude posters, hit , get the answer and run
Old September 24th, 2004, 10:23 PM
jerryj

Default Re: Re: Rude posters

Personally, I think you are already intoxicated!!
Old September 25th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

“Rude posters” is an interesting subject matter. I honestly expected it would pertain to some form of poster Royal Caribbean had displayed. Instead it appears to relate to the use of the boards.

Even though I have spent considerable time attempting to locate the instructions and/or guidelines for the use of these boards, I cannot find them. Could someone please be so kind as to point others in the proper direction to find the applicable guidelines? Of course, if the boards are restricted to a particular group of “experts” that should be stated.

Now for the individual that started this “thread.”

You suggest using the “search” function. Great! But what good does last year’s itinerary do on this year’s sailing? What good is a two year old price do now?

I am not an expert; I’ve only been on eight cruises. The people that think this is a “public” forum ask questions that are of importance to them. Your molehill may be their mountain, but until you are wearing their shoes, you do not know.

All right, I will stop my ranting now. But I think it would be proper for DavidB to apologize for the belittling comment in regards to traveling money. Being rude by failing to thank or acknowledge an “expert” is one thing. Being rude by putting others down is totally uncalled for.
Old September 25th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yeah, DavidB. You are so rude! Shape up or ship out. Oh, wait a minute... that's what you want to do. Well, I ship out in less than two weeks now. I hope I don't get drunk amd embarrass myself.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old September 25th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Re my post, I never ever said BJ "you suggest using the “search” function" When did I say that? I never did. What I said is up at the top, read it

and when did I do the " belittling comment in regards to travelling money" BJ its a discussion between people, no rules, board guidelines and social etiquette. They are please, thank you, respect for the other person, basic stuff.

Some no mark above accused me of being intoxicated, great response, well thought out post dude and it will be of great benefit to your fellow cruisers and posters,,,DUHHH.

I never ever used the word expert....So no apology.

My post was about manners, when someone delivers it is courtesy to say thank you in any walk of life and not just here. Some people take a lot of time and put in the effort to answer questions on this board, a reply or response from the poster should not be too much to ask, its a two way thing

That’s all, no big deal

Post Edited (09-25-04 15:30)
Old September 26th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Passenger

yes i agree))......hmmm now where did i put my foo foo drink lol)))

http://master.mx-targeting.com/mx/servlet/MXTarget?adcontext=http://cruise-forums.com/forums/read.php?f%3D24%26i%3D31852%26t%3D31852&contextpea k=0&contextcount=0&countrycodein=US&lastAdTime=109 4693573|1094609713|0|0|1094673784|0|0|0|0|&amp
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Sis

ok, I give, where is the search feature......

Thank you,
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

When you open a thread, along the top of the message, above the post, there is a list to chose from, Post a Message, View All Topics, Go to Topic, and Search

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Sis

Thank you very much
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:51 PM
cruise_more_often

DavidB, it was Dave the Wave who said HE was intoxicated. Jerrij was evidently confused when she referred to you.
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Thank you CMO

DTW and me often get confused, but not when it comes to chasing women, he always wins <BG>

And I'll take your answer for Jerrij, fair enough, no big deal. But look at this board, lots of questions, very few answers, and very little response.

Thats why I say its a two way thing, communication