Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Beginner

Default liquor purchase onboard

Can you tell me if liquor can be purchased onboard for comsumption(onboard). save bringing in luggage.
Cost and how.
thanks,
howard

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: liquor purchase onboard

There is liquor available for purchase on-board, and since US taxes don't apply, it is much less expensive than in the States. If you want to drink it on-board, there is a $10 corkage fee (which still leaves most of the bottles less expensive than in the States).

Old September 26th, 2004, 07:48 PM
SeaBreeze

Default Re: Re: liquor purchase onboard

I hope that it is true that you can buy it on board. I have been reading on many different cruise sites conflicting stories about this topic. Some say that if you buy it on board you have to wait until the end of the cruise before they release it to you, others say you just pay the $10.00 fee, and can take it back to your cabin. I don't know why people would go through the trouble of smuggling their own liquor on board, if they can just purchase it on the ship. Makes no sense.
Old September 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: liquor purchase onboard

I bought liquor on the Serenade of the Seas, and it cost $10 to take it back to the room. However, before our last day at sea the salesperson said they weren't charging the $10. So, I bought a bottle, and we drank it all day long on our last day at sea. Unless you can find a way to bring alcohol that you buy during the cruise onto the ship, it is not worth smuggling it from home....at least in my opinion. :-)
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:14 AM
jamiegunter

They deliver the liquour at the end of your cruise. You are supposed to hand it over when u buy in port also. They have tables set up when u get back on ship. They give you a reciept and you get it on the last evening.
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Rie

I bought a litre of Crown and a litre of Bailey's for less than 18USD, even with the fee for drinking it in the room that is much less than I could have bought it at home for.