Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava
Default Reposition Cruises

Where can I find JUST reposition cruises..such a bargin. I'm going on one in May 05 and just wondering where I can find MORE!!

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Captain

Default Re: Reposition Cruises

Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas is doing a 12-night repositioning cruise from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale on November 1, 2005. We are booked on this one. There are stops in Bermuda, St. Thomas, San Juan, Curacao and Aruba.

Don't know of a website that shows only repositioning cruises - found ours through our travel agent's website.

Old September 27th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Captain

What is a reposition cruise??
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:27 AM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Reposition Cruises

Reposition cruise is nothing more than getting the ship back to another port such as Europe andAlaka back to Fla for Carribean cruises.If you like many days at sea and excellent pricing ,this is the way to go;however you will have to fly one way to pick these up which may add considerably to your net cost..Many of the frequent cruisers like this as they enjoy the many activaties of the ship.In addition these cruises for the most part are longer than normal 7 days.Would suggest a Carribean cruise as your first cruise to see how you like it.Hope this answers your question and having taken some 30 cruises am definitely hooked on cruising and could care less where it goes.Looking foreward to my next cruise on Voyager of seas next month.
Old September 27th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Dan p

We are leaving on a repo on the Empress of the saes on Oct.16 .We cant wait,it is nice and relaxing.It is a nine night cruise,we end up in San Juan on Oct.25.
Old September 27th, 2004, 01:21 PM
dad son team

Sometimes you can go to the cruise websites and there will be an option for "repositioning" under destination.
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:33 PM
CruzCrazy

If you are interested in a particular ship, just search that ship's itineraries and the repositioning cruises are usually the ones that will only be sailing for that one week, there will be no other weeks available for that cruise.

You can possible search unter transatlantic cruises as well. These are usually repositioning cruises as well.

I just printed out a bunch of repo cruises yesterday to keep in my files for future reference.
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:47 PM
paljoeysmom

Go to the Vacations to Go website. They have an area that says respostioning cruises, but you will probably have to go through a few screens to see it. Please be aware that the cruise is a bargain, but the airfare is a KILLER, unless you are like us and can take advantage of free airline miles.
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:30 PM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda

We just booked a repositioning cruise from Royal Caribbean, west coast pacific tour...and I had no idea before finding this jewel how great a bargain they were!! Recommend to everyone!
Old October 18th, 2004, 02:49 PM
nimbex

great thread, i was going to post the same thing :-) We just booked the grandeur on April 30th '05. leaves new orleans.. stops at cozumel, grand caymen and aruba then ends up in san juan. Air will cost us about $300.

The cruise $369 for 7 nights Now how can you beat this?!!!!! We found this in vacations to go by accident. Thanks for the search ideas.
Old October 19th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Try Yahoo Travel. They will list under the cruise that its a Repositioning cruise & I think via their search under the travel you can specify Repositioning....I think.
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:24 PM
bpm

Im leaving this Friday on the Voyager...Leaves Bayonne, NJ to Labadee and Aruba ending up in Miami...Great value...8 day cruise.. Balcony..only $950 per person..Airfare to Boston $99 one way. Couldnt pass it up..
bpm
Old October 20th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

I booked Nov 18 2005 on the Voyager. NYC to Miami 8 days $769 superior outside with balcony!!! Great price but going fast i was told. JT
Old October 20th, 2004, 03:46 PM
straycat

My TA just called me and my price on a promenade view for may on VOS just dropped from 430pp to 280pp. WOW! Like I could get any more excited about this cruise!!!!!!
Old October 20th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I've booked a 7 day repo cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas for next October.......Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale.............cruising the Saguenay River, and stopping in Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Boston. 2 stops and 5 sea days.....$419 pp lower cat insides.....$50 more for larger cat insides. This is my first repo cruise and I am excited!!!!

Old January 28th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jimbo, I am on the same cruise. I got a JS aft for four people under $2800.

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Cynt

Straycat, what's the date of your cruise?
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default re on repositioning cruises

Check this place for "just" repositioning cruises - all big ships and the biggest lines, sailing dates, prices:o
The price comparison is a good option, to know the exact ship rates.
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

there is a repo out of Boston on Jewel of the Seas 14 days starting at 899 I know where you can get an inside cabin for 599 starting and up does the virgin islands barbados curaco and aruba 8 sea days 6 port days ending intampa leaves boston oct 28 2012