Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Dave Falc

Default Johnny Rockets fees?

Is there a surcharge for Johnny Rockets? I've heard yes and no.

Also, what is the least crowded time of the day (or night) to go there?
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Johnny Rockets fees?

Hi Dave,
Which Royal Caribbean ship are you on? They seem to have different fees depending on the ship, some charge $3.95, others just charge for the drinks. Hopefully someone just off the ship you are booked on can give you the accurate charge.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
hostess

just off the adventure of seas last week 9/26/04. We only paid for drinks. It was great. Great service, cute dancing. good food!
Old October 4th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Voyager the week of September 19th and only paid for our shakes/malts.

We went there instead of going to the main dining room...sometimes I just want a good old burger! There were only two other tables filled with people.
Old October 4th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

VOS 9/19 No fee...shakes only ..and the waiters put on a show too. Way cool. 10pm the place was only 1/2 full. Yep just a good old 50's diner with soda jerks...cola 20 flavors mega malts and shakes as well as huge order of fries and big burgers too. Gotta at least try it. Deck 12 I think it was starbour (right). side

Old October 5th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Lanie

We were on the Navigator this past April and paid $3.95. You could order anything you wanted and as much as you wanted. It was 11:30 P.M. when we were there so, of course, it was not crowded. Not sure about the crowd situation during the day.
Old October 5th, 2004, 10:05 AM
rkamen

Just got off the 9/24 sailing of Voyager. No charge for food at Johnny Rockets, only malts. Crowded at lunch time and pretty crowded between 12:30am and 1am when they close. Everyone going for the late night snacks. Sort of like going to the local diner after a show. Except for the onion rings, I don't think the food was any different than what you can get in the Windjammer Cafe.
Old October 5th, 2004, 12:27 PM
aqusis

Currently, only Navigator and Mariner charge the 3.95 cover charge. All ships charge for drinks, malts, shakes. Least crowded are port days but check your Compass-sometimes on port days they open a little later than normal (1:00 vs. 11:00).
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:19 PM
beabkc

sad my teens love t0 hang out in the teen living room and go all the time t o johnny rockets just for fun and hang with there new friends. Insteadnof going to dinner with us this was a great place for them I guess they keep taking things away from them maybe time to change to another ship or i'll be broke after just paying the johnny rocket bill
Old October 5th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Tova Natasha

Don't get it...is there a charge per person of $3.95 every time we go to Johnny Rockets on the Navigator? What does that include? Am confused!
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Gerif

Default Re: Re: Johnny Rockets fees?

The $3.95 fee was instituted as an experiment on these two ships to keep kids and teens from "hanging out" there constantly and preventing other passengers from getting in. It includes all you want to eat. Beverages are extra.
Old October 6th, 2004, 01:16 PM
STRAYCAT

I can't wait to eat at Johnny Rockets on the VOS in May. I am kind of glad they charge for the shakes. Maybe I'll gain a little less weight. I thought I was gonna have to drink a shake at least once a day, but since I am a cheap skate (except for tipping, that is) I will probably only have one or two on the whole cruise.
Old October 6th, 2004, 02:28 PM
beabkc

how much for take out still 3.95 fee??????????????
Old October 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Gerif

I can't wait to eat at Johnny Rockets on the VOS in May. I am kind of glad they charge for the shakes. Maybe I'll gain a little less weight. I thought I was gonna have to drink a shake at least once a day, but since I am a cheap skate (except for tipping, that is) I will probably only have one or two on the whole cruise.

My DH was soooooo disappointed that the chocolate shakes were made with vanilla ice cream and were not very "chocolatey" at all. I like vanilla, so thought they were fine. The food, however, is no better than the hamburgers, hot dogs and fries available in the Windjammer, definitely not worth the wait in line. Actually, the fries had a distinct "off" taste of having been frozen too long.
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Yeoman

I read a rumor this week that they're discontinuing the fee for Johnny Rockets on Navigator of the Seas. I also read a report that they're adding a JR to Sovereign of the Seas, and that it will have the surcharge.

Old October 19th, 2004, 09:07 AM
First Mate

I saw a correspondence from RCI saying that all ships with JR restaurants will be implementing the surcharge, if they have not already done so. I believe the target date was mid-November for the final ship to add the surcharge.
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Yeoman

Yup, Marty. I saw that as well. Looks like what I saw earlier was just some wishful thinking by some folks who didn't like the surcharges. From this official release to TAs, it seems clear that the test of the surcharge was successful, and showed clearly that customers are willing to pay the surcharge to keep the crowding in control.

Old October 19th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Do you think they will add JR to the Grandeur during the dry docking?

Old October 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Yeoman

I don't remember Grandeur mentioned specifically but it sure would make sense based on what I do remember.

Old October 19th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Gerif

Apparently, RCCL has officially put out the word that ALL ships with JR's will have the $3.95 charge by November. Guess they feel their "experiment" in charging paid off. C&A members will each receive a "free" coupon (for food only) to eat there once.
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:55 PM
First Mate

Hmmmmmm..................

That sounds familiar.......wonder where I heard that before?
Old October 20th, 2004, 02:11 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

I posted this message several days ago on another thread......

I guess this should settle once and for all whether there is a charge for Johnny Rockets and which ship charges.

Hot off the presses from RCCL's travel agent only website......The latest info on Johnny Rockets.

"Slip back in time in this fifties-style burger joint that's fun for the whole family. The burgers are juicy, the shakes are thick and the retro style is so authentic you'll think you've been here before.

The Johnny Rockets restaurant you'll find onboard is everything you'd expect from the shore-side restaurant - authentic 1950s décor, a menu filled with all-American favorites and, of course, friendly service.

Johnny Rockets is a great casual dining alternative that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Menus may vary from ship to ship, but each is made up of Johnny Rockets quality fare served at their restaurants on shore, including hand-dipped shakes and malts, famous hamburgers, chili friesand even flavored sodas.

• All Crown & Anchor members will receive one coupon for one Johnny Rockets complimentary dining experience.
• Children under 5 years of age can dine in Johnny Rockets for free.
• Voyager-class ships offer five complimentary dining options: Windjammer Café, Jade or Island Grill, Café Promenade, the Main Dining Rooms, and in-stateroom dining service.
• The takeaway package is the same price per guest of $3.95, however the takeaway package consists of one burger or sandwich, fries, onion rings and a dessert of choice.
• As before, sodas and shakes are available at an additional charge.
• Gratuity is included in the service charge for the dining experience. Gratuity for beverages will be added at 15% of the beverage bill.
• A $3.95 per guest service fee will be billed to each guest’s Seapass® Account per visit to Johnny Rockets.

Mariner of the Seas® and Navigator of the Seas® will make permanent the new charge effective immediately.
The charge will be rolled out to the remaining ships as follows:
Explorer of the Seas® (Oct. 17), Adventure of the Seas® (Oct. 24), Voyager of Seas® (Nov. 6)."

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:30 AM
kvr

RCI's greed is sickening
Old October 21st, 2004, 07:05 AM
Yeoman

Please don't mistaken company managers' fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities to the investors of the company, as "greed." Corporations are required by law to pursue the corporate objectives over personal objectives, and most corporations promise to their investors that their overriding objective will be the pursuit of long-term shareholder value. Most investors invest to secure their future, not with some altruistic intent to provide a specific product or service in accordance with a specific set of personal preferences. While some folks invest in companies they have a personal interest in, most don't even know, off the top of their heads, what companies their retirement accounts and such are invested in, since they invest through mutual funds and index funds. For corporate managers to knowingly do anything that isn't in the interest of long-term shareholder value would be a violation of that fiduciary responsibility, and punishable by law.

It could only be "greed" if all these folks with their retirement funds invested in RCI already had more money than they could possibly ever need. I invest in a number of mutual funds and index funds (for all I know, one of them may have some RCI stock -- really don't know), and I can tell you, from personal experience, that I'll be lucky to stay out of the poor-house in old age, the way things are going.

Old November 16th, 2004, 10:19 AM
jamiegunter

So everytime you eat here it is a 3.95 even if you dont want the shakes?
We are thinking about trying out The Explorer of the Seas in February. Do they
have hamburgers and frys etc on the normal buffet. We have been on Carnival, Disney and Celebrity and they had hamburgers, and such at the pool area. Someone please let me know.
thanks
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Yeoman

Shakes, just as most beverages, are an extra cost, per beverage.

Old November 16th, 2004, 11:33 AM
gerif

Hamburgers, hot dogs and fries (just no onion rings) are available FREE in the Windjammer.
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:43 PM
First Mate

I think I'd pay the $3.95 ONCE although I might not have to since I'm a C&A member...but I love their cherry cokes...and NO, I wouldn't pay $3.95 for just a cherry coke.

I don't mind paying if they are trying to keep cruise costs down. I'm all about that!

Old November 16th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Passenger

In an article I read about it, they are doing it do try to cut down on the long lines to get in
Old November 16th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jamie,
Yes, you can get a hamburger and fries onboard without going and paying for JR's. There is a grill out by the pool area and you can almost always find hotdogs in the Windjammer for lunch, so you don't have to pay extra for that.

Message Boards Moderator