Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Explorer of the Seas-Computer Time

Does anyone know the cost of computer time on the Explorer of the Seas?

David
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Explorer of the Seas-Computer Time

Hi Dsp,
I believe the cost to use their computers is $.75 per minute. YOu may want to find an internet cafe in your ports. They are usually very close to the pier and you can use one for around $5.00 for an hour, much cheaper.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 6th, 2004, 09:19 AM
SS

We used it on then Explorer and found it to be extremely expensive. $0.75/minute sounds right. Keep in mind the internet is quite slow.
It was much cheaper to use the net at Internet Cafe's at the various ports.
Old October 7th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Brad Montgomery

Internet on the Enchantment was .75 per minute. We were using it to find out about my new duty station in California so it was a deal for us. Others might find it excessive. Response time was good for us (and I have high speed access at home).
Old October 21st, 2004, 12:38 PM
Passenger

I'm also going on EOS Nov 7. Called rccl they charge .50 cents per minute.
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:25 PM
rkamen

Best bet - use the internet cafe's at your ports of call. About $5.00 per hour is the going rate. Besides, they have much faster connections. The ships connect via a modem at about an average 47kps, which by todays standards is sloooooow and archaic.

Here's a bit of advice - from personal experience. Take along either a few floppies or one of the new little USB Flash Drives. Use the computers on the ship as a work station to type all your e-mails or work whatever files you need. As long as you are not logged on to the internet - there is no charge. Then when you get to a port - upload and/or downlaod all your e-mails, files, etc, via the floppy or flash drive.

It is quick and easy as I have done this on many cruises. Besides, it makes the time spent in an internet cafe the minimum. Gives you more time to be out and about and enjoying yourself.

Also, if you are a Crown & Anchor member, you and your spouse (cabinmate) should get coupons good for 15 minutes each using the ships internet service.