Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Yeoman

Default Chops/Portofino's lunches

Just back from "Radiance" and promised to post info on lunch availability in the specialty restaurants. During 4 of 5 sea days they alternated being open and charge was $10 pp. Only did "Chops" for a lunch and a dinner ($20 pp) and NO regrets at all. Only admonition is to be hungry. I still believe it is worth the extra money compared to the main dining room and you can choose a private booth or window seating if you go when they are not very busy like we did.

Some of our tablemates fell in love with "Portofino's" and went 3 times.

Any other "Radiance" questions? Feel free to e-mail me, Robbie
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Joto

Default Re: Chops/Portofino's lunches

Do chops or Portofino's have the same menu at lunch as they do at dinner? If not, what is the difference.
Old October 8th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Passenger

My boyfriend and I are going on the Radiance in Dec. we would love to hear about the differant activities and the menus (main dinning room and the other places) anything you would like to tell us. This will be our first 7 day cruise and first with RCCL.
Thank You!!
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Yeoman

The lunch menus were different since it is half the price of their dinner menus. No filet mignon but still offered a New York steak at lunch in "Chops." Wife had a very nice mixed grill with avocado/seafood appetizer as opposed to larger shrimp cocktail or crab cakes served at dinner. Grilled chicken or pork chop were also served at lunch as well as a seafood brochette.

Dinner was fancier and had a wide array of side orders available (asparagus/baked potatoes/onion rings & sauteed mushrooms are the ones I can recall). 7 oz or 10 oz filets along with salmon, veal, chicken, pork chops etc as main entrees.

For smtripp; Regarding the "Radiance" overall I would read all the "older messages" on this board regarding the "Radiance" and I'll send you an e-mail in case you still have questions, Robbie