Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2004, 08:08 PM
The Hills

Default Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Hi Carol/Judy:

Travel Agent emailed today and she has booked the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport. The Travelocity site indicated they have a value package which includes transporation from airport to hotel and hotel to pier so hope it is true. They quoted the travel agent $112 US.

The Hills

The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
1111 S POINCIANA BLVD
Miami, FL 33166
218 Rooms / 9 Floors
Travelocity.ca Stars
Write a review of this hotel
AAA Approved

11.0 mi / 17.8 km from MIAMI, FL

The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport is the ONLY hotel near the Airport offering the Complimentary Value Package inclusive with every room. This package includes the following complimentary amenities: **FREE Roundtrip Airport Transportation every 30 minutes ($10 per person value), **FREE Parking on property up to 7 Days from arrival ($12 per day value), **FREE Scheduled Transportation to Port of Miami ($20 per person, per trip value), **FREE 800 Access Calls, Incoming & Outgoing Faxes-Domestic Only 10pg. limit ($1 per call value),**FREE Fitness Center, 24-Hour Access ($10 per person, per day value). Our Full Service Hotel is located only a half mile from Miami International Airport, 8 miles from the Port of Miami, & 12 miles from Miami Beach.
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:57 AM
JudyJ

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Well it looks like we all have a place to sleep the night before our cruise. What time is everybody getting into miami on the 29th? If everything goes as planned our flight will get in at 1:00 p.m., that will give us the afternoon to enjoy miami, we'll probably go over to Bayside, I love that place! Well hope everybody is having a good day.

Take Care
Judy
Old November 11th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Hi everyone. We don't get into Miami until 3pm on the 29th. What is Bayside? Is it something I don't want to miss? I want something fun to do that evening. Does anyone know what time we can bored?
Have a great day.

Post Edited (11-11-04 05:01)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old November 11th, 2004, 10:00 AM
JudyJ

Hi Carol... Bayside market is a large area with lots of shops, restaurants and live entertainment, there's just alot to do & see. We have always gone to the ship about 11:00-11:30 and have never had to wait very long to board.

Have A Good Day!
Judy
Old November 12th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Judy,

That sounds like my kind of place. Is it close by and are the stores open late?
Happy Friday
Carol
Old November 12th, 2004, 10:02 PM
The Hills

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Hi Carol/Judy:

Looks like we will be arriving in Miami around 12:30 p.m. and we will then be off to the Holiday Inn. They also have a shuttle to the port so we won't have to go back to the airport. Not sure how far bayside is from the Holiday Inn Hotel but I will check it out on a map. I think we will try to go to the port around 11:00 - 11:30 depending on when the hotel shutttles run.

The Hills
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:56 AM
REP

I just wanted to jump in here to make a comment about the Godfrey tour. We have been on 7 cruises and taken many tours. We were in St. Thomas in November of 2001 and took the tour with Godfrey. It was great. As has been said , he picks you up at the pier and takes you to an area to shop, then to a beach of your choice for snorkeling or whatever. His vehicle was very nice (and clean) and he is a very personable guy. We would recommend Godfrey very highly. In fact we (12 friends and family) will be sailing the Radiance April 10, 2005 and will be looking to book Godfrey for the day in St. Thomas. It sounds like you folks have already met new friends and set to enjoy your upcoming voyage. Good luck and may time keep moving quickly,(at least up to the day that you board and then it can slow down). Bon Voyage. REP
Old November 14th, 2004, 09:05 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cassie

We just booked the Radiance last night! It's Our 4th cuise but our first one with Royal Carribean.
It's my father (56), mother(?) and I (22)

Hope to see ya all on board!
Cassie from Michigan
Old November 14th, 2004, 06:52 PM
JudyJ

Hi everyone and welcome Cassie & family, I think all you 1st timers on RCI are gonna love it. Hope everyone had a good week-end

Take Care
Judy
Old November 14th, 2004, 09:13 PM
First Mate

we are still not sure on what to do on the Islands... My mother has knee problems so our choices are limited.
~Cassie
Old November 15th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Admiral

Welcome Cassie!! Glad you are joining us. I am from Ohio,, not to far from you. Hope we will all get to meet. Sounds like some of us will be doing the Godfrey tour together, that will be fun. We are in the 70's now YEAH Have a great day
Old November 15th, 2004, 03:02 PM
The Hills

Hi Caissie:

Let us know what cabin you booked so we can stop by and introduce ourselves.
If you look through the thread above you will see Carol, Judy and The Hills cabin numbers. Feel free to knock on my door to introduce yourself.

Glad to see we found some new cruisemates on our January 30th trip.

The Hills
Old November 15th, 2004, 03:28 PM
First Mate

We were actually thinking about the Godfrey tour too. It seems like a fun way to see the Island and would be mom friendly. Im not sure of the cabin number yet.... Ill let you guys know before we head out.

Has anyone thought about doing the BOB in St. Thomas?
~Cassie
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:02 PM
JudyJ

Cassie... have read alot of good reviews on the BOB put have never tried it, we did do the helmet dive in St. Thomas and really enjoyed that.
Old November 17th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Admiral

Hello everyone. What is the BOB, and what is everyone going to do in St. Maarteen, that is the one I don't have anything planned for.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old November 17th, 2004, 10:36 AM
First Mate

BOB is pictured below in this link:
http://www.bobusvi.com/index.asp

St. Maartin
We were thinking about Getting a Taxi and doing a private tour of St. Thomas.... I was trying to find out about Snuba or Sea Trekken... but I can't find a thing.
~Cassie
Old November 17th, 2004, 06:33 PM
The Hills

Hi Fellow Cruisemates ( Caissie, Judy and Carol):

The Hills are looking at possibly the jeep trip, butterfly farm or the Natural Wonders trips.
You can check out the tours on Royal Caribbean site. They have a good description of the Bob tour.

The jeep trip sounds like fun but with two kids 6 & 8 it seems like a long tour - 6+hours!

I really want to get to Marigot to shop and enjoy a glass of wine in a cafe so that is why I am leaning towards the Butterfly farm & Marigot excursion..

I think the kids would enjoy the Natural Wonders as it includes monkeys, parrots etc.

If I can swing it I will get my brother Tim to take the kids on the natural wonders tour and the "girls" will do the shop tour to Marigot! There is also some great shopping right at the pier in Phillisburg.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada
Old November 17th, 2004, 06:51 PM
First Mate

Is Marigot known for the shopping?
~Cassie
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:11 AM
JudyJ

Hi Everyone....Cassie for the sea trec in St. thomas try www.coralworld.com not sure if they also have the BOB. We still haven't decided what we're doing in St. Marrten , mother-in-law is not a shopper, we'll probably be doing good if we can get her off the ship to go to a beach,(lol) Hope everyone has a good week-end!

Take Care
Judy
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:23 AM
The Hills

Hi Caissie and other cruisers!

I read an article on St. Martin in our local paper and this is what is said:

The French side's capital Marigot offers a vibratn marketplace, very French boutiques, French jewelry and lingerie and chocolates at duty free prices, and everything from a stand-up bar with tropical juices to French cafes.

The village of Granch Case is the culinary capital of St. martin. It is really just one lively strip, that wakes up in teh morning to the sound of roosters crowing and the scent of the croisssants aux amande.Artisans boutiques and bars line the street.

Sounds good to me!

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada
Old November 19th, 2004, 12:42 PM
First Mate

There is so many diffrent things you can do in St. Thomas. But St. Maarten seems to be shopping or the beach.....Im looking and trying to find more stuff to do on the island but im running into brick wall after brick wall.
~Cassie
Old November 21st, 2004, 06:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee

Good morning everyone. Hope you are having a great weekend. Well after today we will be in the 60's. Time is going by pretty fast. We really have not decided what to do in St. Marrten. We will probally do a tour of the island and shopping then to a beach. I wish somewhere we could find 4-wheeling on the beach. I did that is Sept. in Mexico and it was a blast. Well must get busy, just wanted to check in and say hi.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:29 AM
Admiral

I noticed my post aboe said Ashley. No, we don't have a new person joining us, even though she wishes she could. My daughter must have been signed in on my computer at home and it shows her as posting instead of me. She only wishes she was going. I wish I could afford to take her this time. She went in Sept.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:32 AM
JudyJ

Good Morning Everyone....Carol I did think we had someone new joining us. Yea! we're in the 60's, this next month should fly by with all the holiday stuff going on. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! Well better get off here and get busy, it's cleaning day. (Radiance take me away!)

Take Care
Judy
Old November 22nd, 2004, 05:08 PM
First Mate

Hello all!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
We have basically decided to relax on CoCo Cay
on St. Thomas we will do either snorkling, BOB, or Snuba and on St. Maarten/ St. martin we will be doing a tour of the island and some shopping.

~Cassie
P.S. Has anyone thought about doing the Turtle Cove excursion in St. Thomas?
Old November 23rd, 2004, 08:46 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello, CarolB, Judy and Everyone,
It's been awhile since I checked in with you.Your numbers have really gone down, now. Carol, I also wondered about "Ashee's" post, and wondered how she was getting to go. Glad you cleared that up! Also, I had you on the Brilliance instead of the Radiance.Well, it's at least the same cruise line!!
I still want you to save me an imaginery seat on the Godfrey tour. I was supposed to be there with you last Sept.
Take care. Keep counting down with great gusto! Love, Lynne

Old November 24th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. We are getting down there. With the holidays time will go by very fast now. I know we are all ready. I am cutting down on my Christmas buying this year so I can have my money for my cruise.

Lynne, you know I will be thinking of you when I go on that tour and I will have you a little spot right next to me. I will give you a reprt when I get back. I am really getting excited about it. Still can't believe I am going on another one so soon.

Well hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, will chat at you soon. Think Cruise

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old November 24th, 2004, 09:57 PM
The Hills

Carol, Judy or Caissie:

Happy Thankgiving and hope you are enjoying your holiday. Be sure to enter the RCI contest tommorrow as there is a special entry day where you can enter again on November 25th. You can win a trip for 12 and if you win you have to take all of us with you!!!

Does anyone know how long before the cruise we should receive our documents. We made our final payment on November 21st.

Let me know your past experiences with RCI.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada

P.S. It was snowing when I drove home today!
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:09 AM
First Mate

Well I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving! It was a good one in the Garner household. I work in retail so Black Friday was as hectic as ever! Has anybody planned any more excursions?
~Cassie
Old November 27th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello,
We had a very quiet Thanksgiving here in Avon Park,FL. I slept in, watched some of the Macy's Parade.Hubby made a great dinner, and we watched some football and played Scrabble-then watched more football.He took a nap and I dozed in the recliner. Back to work again on Friday.
It sounds as if you are all getting excited about your cruise. I know you'll save me a seat on Godfrey,Carol!! I'll have to have my pictures of St. Thomas with me that day so I can dream a little.
My little touch of cruising comes 2 weeks from today.Son, Jamie, and we will be in Ft. Lauderdale and "our" (Lynne, CarolB, Judy) ship will be in. The Caribbean Princess. I should have a countdown clock to this 3 day break of mine! I'll be able to picture everything on her and where it is. We'll probably be headed back here for my Chorale concert that night, before she heads out to sea. All for the best-as I would have gotten misty.
Take care, Everybody! Lynne