Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Thinking about going on this one. Have you any info on the ship as to the quality of the food?

Old November 28th, 2004, 09:25 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cassie

Ron,
I have heard nothing but good things about the food on the Radiance.
~Cassie
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a great holiday. Two more holidays, then it will soon be cruise time for us. YEAH!!!!

Ron, hope you will join us, I have only heard GREAT things abouth this ship.

I was told we will get documents about 2 weeks before, then we do the document dance.

Hope everyone has a great week.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old November 29th, 2004, 12:27 PM
JudyJ

Default Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Hi Everyone....We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, all our son's, mates and grandchildren came had a great day, of course I ate to much so back to the treadmill! I also work part-time in retail so I understand what your talking about Cassie on black friday. The Hills.....we have always received our doc's from RCI anywhere from 3-4 weeks before our cruise, I always look so forward to getting them, I wear the pages thin just looking at them.() Ron.... I have read alot of reviews on the Radiance and have not read one thing neg. on the food. Well hope everyone has a great week!

Take Care
Judy
Old December 2nd, 2004, 05:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. We are in the 50's now !!!!!! YEAH!!! Won't be long now. By the time all of these holidays are over, it will be time to go. I am VERY ready. Hope everyone has a great day. Can't believe we have not heard from more whom will join us.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 2nd, 2004, 06:52 AM
Passenger

I just got off the Radiance last week. The food in the dining room was fabulous. Always a great selection. Windjammer on the other hand is nothing spectacular. Just basic buffet food. If you want a quick snack also, there is the Seaview Cafe that was also very good. Basic chicken tenders, hamburgers, fries, nachos. But prepared when ordered, so nice and hot and fresh.

Iberostar Quetzal - Mexico 11/06
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:20 AM
JudyJ

Good Morning Everyone.... I thought we would have more people join us my now to. I have even tried getting a row call started on another site with little luck, guess that means we'll have the whole ship to ourselfs! Has everyone started their Christmas shopping? I'm finishing up this week-end, it's hard to stay focused on Christmas when I just want to get it over with and get to Jan. () Well hope everyone is having a good week.

Take Care
Judy
Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
First Mate

The Hills,
Yes your post did post.

Does anyone know the policy on bringing liquer back from the islands... I have never dealt with customs before.
~Cassie
Old December 5th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Passenger

Hello Everyone,
1st time posting to a message board. So please bear with me if I write to much. As time goes on it will get shorter. This will be our third cruise. Just got back from St. Thomas and St. Martin in October on the Caribbean Princess. Took the Western Caribbean Cruise in Oct / 03 on the Explorer. Didn't like the Princess and well as RCCL. We usually cruise with a group of friends from our area but we are going solo this time. Hope to meet and enjoy some cruise time with new people. This is our 1st cruise in JAN / FEB. We're hoping it will be a little cooler than Oct. Also, we are looking for a hotel for the 29th. Would like to find one where you can leave your vehicle and they will shuttle you to and from the dock. Any info will greatly appreicated. Looking forward to a great cruise.

jfamily
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Well welocme jfamily glad you will be joining us. I was also on the Carribean Princess as well as Judy in Sept. We were suppose to go to the Eastern, but the hurricane stopped us. We did get to stay out to sea 2 extra days. So tell us what did you do when you were in port and what don't we want to miss? I am doing the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas, but still have not decided for St Martin.

Well everyone our time is getting closer. It was abusy weekend for me. I finished my Christmas shopping, wrapped presents, cleaned and decorated the house for Christmas. My back is feeling it today. Must get busy. Hope everyone has a great Monday.
jfamily where are you from?

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 6th, 2004, 11:37 AM
The Hills

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Hi jfamily!

After much searching our travel agent booked us on January 29th at the Holiday Inn. It was $99 US per night and this included a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the port. Not sure if you can leave your car or if they will shuttle you back to the hotel but it is only 8 miles to the port if I remember the ad so it might be worth a try. We had to prepay the $99 to book that rate. Normally shuttles are $15/$20 per person so it seemed like a good price.

I know there are a number of Holiday Inn's and I am at work so don't have the name handy but I believe it was the Holiday Inn Airport.

Try Holiday Inn Airport North 1111 S. Poinciana Boulevard, Miami and be sure to ask about the package that includes the transfers.

Let's us know which cabin you are in so we can drop by to introduce ourselves!

So far looks like we have Carol B, JudyJ, Caissie, MichRN (crusiecritic board, The Hills and yourselves so we are finding a few more cruisers on this ship.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada
Old December 6th, 2004, 11:45 AM
The Hills

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Dear Jfamily:

Found this info on the www.travelocity.ca website!

The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport is the ONLY hotel near the Airport offering the Complimentary Value Package inclusive with every room. This package includes the following complimentary amenities: **FREE Roundtrip Airport Transportation every 30 minutes ($10 per person value), **FREE Parking on property up to 7 Days from arrival ($12 per day value), **FREE Scheduled Transportation to Port of Miami ($20 per person, per trip value), **FREE 800 Access Calls, Incoming & Outgoing Faxes-Domestic Only 10pg. limit ($1 per call value),**FREE Fitness Center, 24-Hour Access ($10 per person, per day value). Our Full Service Hotel is located only a half mile from Miami International Airport, 8 miles from the Port of Miami, & 12 miles from Miami Beach.

Looks like you can park there for 7 days!!!

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada
Old December 6th, 2004, 01:17 PM
JudyJ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Hi Everyone and Welcome Jfamily.... this was a busy week-end trying to get things done, I'm almost there. Cassie....not sure how it works bringing liquor back, try posting that question on the boards, I'm sure you'll find out fast. Jfamily....we have cruised in Jan. several times and the weather was mostly great low 80's in ports but we have had a couple cool days.
Old December 9th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Admiral

Hello everyone. I didn't want us to hit the bottom of the page so I thought I would post and say hello. I can't believe we will be leaving next month, time is going by fast. My last day of work for the week, I don't work on Friday's. Going to go and cut down the Christmas tree. Hope everyone is doing great and getting that shopping done. I am done, but keep picking up things. I need to stop, I have a cruise to go on!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM
JudyJ

Hi Everyone... just thought I'd check in, trying to get things done for the holidays, like you Carol I need to quit shopping!! Can't believe our cruise is only alittle over a month away, I am so ready. Hope everone is having a good day!

Judy
Old December 9th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,
Sorry it took so long to answer back. Had problems with my DSL internet service. Anyway, to answer CarolB question. We are from Warner Robins, Georgia. Also, many thanks to The Hills for the info about the hotel. My wife booked a room this morning at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport . As far as St. Thomas goes the only thing we did was tour the island. It was not booked thru the cruise line though. We just pick out one when got to port. The cost was $15.00 per person. The driver took us to up to Paradise Point and around to three other stop. After the tour we did a little shopping. It was very hot so we whimp out and went back to the ship. Believe me, being from Georgia we are accustomed to hot weather but it was just about unbearable. This is one reason we are going back.. Maybe it will be a little cooler this time. We are in cabin 9617/L . Just like everyone else we counting the days.

Jfamily
Old December 9th, 2004, 08:48 PM
The Hills

Hi JFamily & other Crusiers:

Glad to hear you are staying at the Holiday Inn with the Hills. Pick up the house phone and ask for K. Hill's room. I have actually booked two rooms so you may end up ringing my mom/aunt who will be the other room.

We are actually arriving at noon so will be looking to take in some of Miami in the afternoon and will likely just eat in the Hotel that night as we won't have a car. Maybe we could get together for dinner at the hotel restaurant or somewhere nearby. I don't know Miami that well so any ideas of what to see or do would be great.

My brother, sister in law and their daughter will actually be in Fort Lauderdale and will join us on the ship.

I will likely be found in the swimming pool area with my daughter who is 6. My aunt and mom will also be with me at the hotel.

We plan on going to the port around 11:30 so maybe we can book the shuttle together!

Looks like we are getting 15cm of snow tommorrow, got of love the weather in Canada!
Maybe I should attached a picture of the snowman the kids built in the back yard just so everyone can enjoy the white stuff!

Bye for now.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada

P.S. Packing Tip: Be sure to pack a night light to get around in the cabin at night, beats leaving that bright light on in the bathroom! Next Packing Tip????
Old December 12th, 2004, 06:11 PM
cruzbug

Hi everyone

Just found this site on cruise critic. My husband and I will be cruising with you. We will be flying into Miami around noon on the 29th and staying overnight at the Airport Marriott.

We live in Brockville, Ontario and will be flying out of Montreal.

Joan
Old December 12th, 2004, 10:55 PM
The Hills

Hi Cruzbug:

The Hills are flying from Ottawa to Montreal and then from Montreal to Miami ariving around noon. Would you happen to be flying on AC 930??

There will be myself, my 6 year old daughter, my mom and aunt so I am betting we connect in the airport waiting room in Montreal! We just hired two employees from Brockville to work at the company I work for so I wouldn't be surprised if we have some other connections.

Let me know if you are on the same flight.

The Hills
Ottawa, Canada
Old December 13th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Hello all and welcome cruzbug. Glad you will be joining us. What deck are you on? I am on the 8th. Hope we all will get to meet. It sure won't be long now, the days are really flying by. WOW. We will on that cruise before you know it. I am very ready. It is snowing here in Ohio today, so I am ready for the warm, how about you? I am at work, so I must get busy. Take care.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Passenger

Hello everyone and also a warm welcome to cruzbug. To THE HILLS, we will be driving down from our home in Warner Robins, Georgia. Warner Robins is about 120 miles south of Atlanta, Ga. It takes about 11 - 12 hrs to get to Miami if everything goes well. We are planning on leaving home around 5:30 - 6:00 AM on the 29th. Should arrive at hotel around 6:30 - 7:00 PM. If it is not to late after we get in and check in to the hotel I will call. If not, maybe we can meet Sunday morning for coffee. If for some reason we don't meet at the hotel, please be sure to call and we can set up a place to meet on the ship. Just call the hotel operator and ask for J. Melvin's room. While checking our local weather for Warner Robins, it look like we are in for some very cold morning this week . They are forecasting mid to low 20s with winds 10-20 mph. To the citizens of Canada this would probably be a heat wave for ya'll this time of year. To all you northerners please keep the cold weather up north. I like cold weather but this is a little to cold. Hurry up January 30th.

Jfamily
Old December 13th, 2004, 09:44 PM
cruzbug

Thanks for all the welcomes.
To the Hills - I believe that we ARE on AC930. My husband is out of town for several days, and he made the flight arrangements. Will let you know definitely when he gets home.
To Carol B - We are on deck 9.
To Jfamily - Welcome to the north country. The temperature right now is 19 degrees here, so not too much difference. We did have some snow last night and today, though.
Old December 13th, 2004, 10:26 PM
The Hills

Hi Cruzbug & other crusiers:

I am sure you will recognize us at the Montreal Airport. I will be with an active 6 year old with blond/light brown hair and two seniors (my mom and aunt!). My little girl will have barbie carryone so it should be easy to spot.

Hopefully the Hills will catch up with the Jfamily at the Holiday Inn. We could probably shuttle over to the port. I may rent a car to go get my brother in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday morning so may not be around for breakfast. It is about a 30-45 minute drive.

The snow is here to stay in Canada and we still have no NHL hockey and it is not looking good. I will bring along a Ottawa Senators shirt so you can all recognize the Hills! I will wear in for "The Plan".

THE PLAN!

Maybe we all could plan to meet at 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. by the rock climbing wall on the Sunday we depart. Hopefully by then everyone will be on board but if not we can introduce the new members as they board! Not sure when the flife boat drill is but hopefully it will not conflict with our Plan.

I can't seem to get my cruise critic message to work so maybe if someone could go on that site and invite the MichRn and any other crusiers to this site we can get everyone on the same page and have them join the plan!!!.

Bye for now!

The Hills
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:22 PM
JudyJ

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call Radiance of the Seas 1/30/05

Hi Everyone and Welcome Cruzbug.....well we're down to 47 days, almost time to break out the luggage, guess I'll wait and get the holidays over. It's been real cold here in KC the last couple days but no snow since our 9 inch. right before Thanksgiving. Well better get busy, lots to get done. Take Care.

Judy
Old December 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
First Mate

Hello All!
Well we have just booked with Lord Sheffield for a day cruise when we are in St. Maarten. So that port is done just St. Thomas to go. Hope all is well.
~Cassie
Old December 15th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. It is almost time to start smelling the ocean !!!!! Time is going so fast. Usually time at this point takes forever, I am sure it is because of the holidays. Yes, after the holidays it will be time to break out the luggage. YES!!! Cassie, what is the Lord Sheffield? I am still up in the air about St. Maarten, but have Godfrey scheduled for St. Thomas. Hope everyone is having a great day. See you soon. I think the idea of meeting Sunday is great. What does everyone else think?

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:28 PM
First Mate

Lord Sheffield is a day cruise on a pirate ship. THey said that is't easy to get on the ship but it's a little more work to get on and off the ship from the water. . We are going to be on St. Maarten Feb. 3rd right?
~Cassie

Lord Sheffield
www.lordsheffield.com

Post Edited (12-15-04 22:29)
Old December 16th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Hi Cassie, yes we are in St Maarten on the 3rd. That really looks like fun. I think we are just going to grab a tour of the island when we get there then hit the beaches. Does anyone know if you can rent 4-wheelers on the beach anywhere? We did that in Cozumel and it was great. Hope everyone has a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 17th, 2004, 10:16 PM
cruzbug

To the Hills:

Just confirmed with my husband that we are on A/C930. Hope to see you at the airport. By the way, sounds as though we are in the same age group as your mom and aunt.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
Old December 18th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello Everybody,
I bet you're really getting excited now!! I just thought I'd drop in and see how you are all doing, since my post cruise thread has slowed down quite a bit.
To the Hills- I'm from Montreal, originally, and my great-grandmother's last name was Hill- so, I feel like I'm a part of the family. Also, we Canadians think alike, as on the Caribbean Princess with CarolB and Judy, I wore my Tampa Bay Lightning Shirt and Hat so everyone could identify me. We love our hockey!!

Interestingly enough, we just hired a new gal in Activities at work (retirement community) who is from Ottawa!!!!

Bye the Way, CarolB, check out the "Caribbean Bon Bons" thread on the Destination Board.

It sounds as if you are going to have a great time. I'll come back after the holidays sometime and wish you all a Bon(Bon) Voyage!!! Take care. I know that Santa is going to be good to all of you.
I'll probably look in once more before the end of the weekend. By the way, we were in Ft. Lauderdale last weekend (Dec. 8-11) and saw the Caribbean Princess in port. It just made me want to cruise again very soon. I know you'll have a great time on your ship!!
Bye for now. Lynne You're in the 40's! Woo Hoo.