Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2004, 10:32 PM
The Hills

Default Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Looking for some suggestions on where to find a reasonably priced hotel or other accomodations in Ft. Lauderdale. Sailing on the Radiance of the Seas on January 30th from Miami but 2 of our party are flying in on the Friday before to Ft. Lauderdale.
Cheaper airfare!

The Hills

Ottawa, Canada
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2004, 09:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

We are booked with Comfort Inn-Airport/Cruise Port South, Ft. Lauderdale for our Feb 2005 cruise. 1-800-333-1492.

We have not been guests of that hotel yet but I was very impressed with the ammenities they offer, airport shuttle, cruise port shuttle service (fee to Miami).

Happy Cruising,

Old October 23rd, 2004, 03:32 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

My choice would be the Ameri-Suites on 18th St In Ft. Lauderdale. we've stayed there several times and it always been fine. The price is good, always under $100.00, and it's clean. They also have good shuttle service to and from Airport & Cruise port, plus they are within walking distance of nice resturants, shopping, any other amenities right on 18th St. another good choice in that area is the Embassy Suites, a little more expensive, but very nice accomodations.

As for the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port, if it's the one on Sheridan St, I'd pass on it. We stayed there after our last cruise, and will never go back. The nicest thing I could say about it was it's shabby. Additionally, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Long walk to find a resturant. As I say, we wouldn't go back there.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 23rd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Admiral

You can't beat the value that Amerisuites off 17th Street can provide. With airport and port shuttle available plus a continental breakfast a price under $100 is a good deal. Check out valutrips.com to see if their rates for January are up yet. We did not have to gurarantee with a credit card, but if you or your friends are scheduled to arrive late (after 4p.m.) them do guarantee the reservation. Walking to the Intercoastal water way and the water taxi is a great way to spend the day at FLL.
Bon Voyage
Old October 23rd, 2004, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Ft Lauderdale is actually one the easiest places to use Priceline.

Bid 3 star downtown zone, and you automatically get a nice hotel within blocks of the pier. ... either Embassy Suites, Marriott Marina, or Renaissance.

Bid around $60 -70.

For $100 you can bid Resort, and likely get the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort, which is one of the nicest properties in the area.

Old October 23rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923

I stayed at the AmeriSuites last year and enjoyed it very much. It was clean; service was good; close to restaurants. I just booked it again for this Dec and the rate was $110 but using the Entertainment Book, it was $59. Great deal.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I just came home from Fll....stayed at the Renaissance Hotel on 17th st...it was wonderful..I bid 75.00 on priceline, 3 stars..I got upgraded to 4 and got the Ren...Could not beat the location, and it had the most amazingly comfortable bed and duvet....I have stayed at Amerisuites as well...if you can get the Ren for a reasonable price and Amerisuites is close in price, my advice is go for the gusto...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 24th, 2004, 02:21 PM
hcat

Happy Jan--It sounded nice to us too--that's why we tried it once last March aftre our cruise . It sounded so convenient esp for shuttle to Miami as we cruise next from there. Forget it--the elevs are creepy, it's outside entyry to rooms, has a small lobby & near nothing unless you are a good walker. The pool was dirty & it took a long time to get our room...Would not go back unless the absolute last resort! But would really try elsewhere...
Old October 24th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Passenger

Priceline worked for our hotel in Lauderdale.

I bid $60 for a 3 star hotel in downtown area, and it was accepted, although they suggested bidding much more.

Am booked at the Sheraton, and after checking their site, I found their rates start at $171. What a deal!! We are really pleased. They also offer free shuttle to and from the airport.
Old October 24th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I appreciate everyone's responses to my comment. I would just like to clarify which hotel we have reserved for a one-night stay prior to our Feb cruise:

Comfort Inn-Airport/Cruise Port South
2520 Stirling Road
AAA rates it 3 diamonds
(954) 922-1600

We have a late afternoon flight so we didn't plan to travel far to our lodging or use the pool. I do understand concerns about exterior corridors vs interior corridors. The AAA tour book also said the hotel has an exercise room, meeting rooms, business center and a restaurant -- this may not be the same hotel that the other cruisemates have mentioned.

Thank you for looking out for us!

Old October 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

I did priceline..paid $40. stayed at Holiday Inn on the beach..northern section. Took a limo from there to port $25. Everyone was peering into the windows like a rock star was pulling up to the ship.

Old October 25th, 2004, 04:27 PM
hcat

Sorry to say that;s the one on Stirling Rd--but everyone has a right to their choice,,,We loved it from the ads & hated it in person!
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Sooshie

We stayed at the Comfort in on Stiring road twice and on both occasions it was clean and the service was fine. Was it equivilent to the Doubletree Oceanfront??? No, but for what we needed it for it was fine. The airport/cruise shuttle fills up fast, so register early. The pool was great...there was lots of people there at night just hanging out. They also have a nice bar right by the pool. You'll be fine there I'm sure.
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Love to Sail

Just wondering if Embassy Suites is within walking distance of restaurants, shops etc. If they offert free shuttle service to the port, how far in advance would you have to book it? Thanks!
Old October 27th, 2004, 08:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

The Embassy Suites is a good choice. There is a nice steak house right across the street from it. Also an Irish pub nearby as well as a place for Mexican food. We've eaten at all of them and they are all good. Additionally, it's within a 2 minute walk of a grocery store and a liquor store.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 8th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to MariTenor1

Just wondering....we will be sailing out of Miami next year and had thought about flying into Ft. Lauderdale for the savings. For those that have stayed at some of the hotels noted, will the shuttles take us to the port in Miami or just Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale?

Thanks.