Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Passenger

Default Is the dolphin swim worth the cost?

We will be going over spring break on Majesty and taking our teen boys. I really want to swim with the dolphins and would like to know if it is worth the cost and did anyone book it online ahead of time and prepay? Also interested in the deep sea fishing, how is that in Key West???????? Thanks, cant wait to go!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:16 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Is the dolphin swim worth the cost?

Did the dolphin swim in Cozumel and absolutely loved it...best thing on the whole cruise and definitely worth the money. Make sure you book the swim and not the dolphin encounter. We booked directly with dolphindiscovery.com and everything went fine. I would do it again in a minute.
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We did it in the Bahamas and it was worth every penny. My kids are still talking about it and watching the video two years later. I still think it's one of the best excursions we've ever done.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Yeoman

A good one to do interaction wise is Discovery Cove in Orlando. Well worth the money and the best Ive ever done (and Ive done several that was more watching than interacting).

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:37 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

Did the dolphin swim in Curacao and it was the best excursion we've ever done! Its a bit pricey, but worth it to try it at least once in your life.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old October 31st, 2004, 01:04 AM
Passenger

Our family did the dolphin swim and encounter (the encounter was for our 5 year old--they provide a lifeguard at no extra charge) our kids loved it--we got the videos and all the photos as well--I only wish we had paid extra to have a private group video done--you have to do some fast forwarding when you view the video later watching other people you don't know in Your video! My husband and I watched all the action from above on the docks and took our own photos and video as well (their videos only come with music no dolphin sounds). So we got the best of both worlds! I recommend the dolphin swim very much!
Old October 31st, 2004, 07:26 PM
Admiral

YOU BETTER DO IT. It is so much fun. We booked online and prepaid. Worth EVERY penny.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09