CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Vertigo after cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/236367-vertigo-after-cruise.html)

bpm October 31st, 2004 10:46 AM

Vertigo after cruise

Just back from 8 day cruise on Voyager...very rough 1st night out from New Jersey..Wife was a little weezey but I was ok...Rest of cruise was smooth sailing...Now home.. Iget up this morning with a touch of vertigo...I was fine on the ship.. dont understand this..Anyone ever experience this and what did you do to stop it..

bpm

Kuki October 31st, 2004 11:20 AM

Re: Vertigo after cruise

It's actually not uncommon. Normally it takes a day or two at sea before you get your "sea legs" and the body adjusts to being at constant motion of some sort.

Same can be true getting back and regaining your "land legs".... the body adjusting to being stable.

If it's really irritating, try Bonine for a couple of days. Your balance will return to normal within a couple of days.

bpm October 31st, 2004 11:33 AM

Re: Re: Vertigo after cruise

Thanks for the info...Its really wierd because this was my 10th cruise and it never happened before. If i move to fast or get up quickly, the room starts spinning as if i am really drunk..
bpm

Dan P October 31st, 2004 03:35 PM

I have been on 27 cruises and still get it.

sal7202 October 31st, 2004 08:33 PM

That's really strange. I've never experienced anything like that after cruising. However, lot's for things could cause vertigo, inner ear infection, virus, etc. I wouldn't wait too long before seeing a physician if the condition persists for more than a day or 2.

bpm November 1st, 2004 03:51 PM

Day 2 home and I am much better now..almost back to normal..Thanks for all the input..I was getting a little nervous...

bpm

Kuki November 1st, 2004 03:56 PM

Glad you are feeling more "normal". It's a bit of an odd phenomena. 40 + cruises, and there's no rhyme or reason that I can see. I've had the feeling after perhaps 8 or 9 of them.

But not because seas were rougher on those voyages. Have no idea why sometimes I'm fine and others not.

Emm November 2nd, 2004 08:49 AM

I usually get that -- being on the ship doesnt bother me, but post cruise I am like that for several days . The first time I thought I was sick, now I treat it as if it were motion sickness for a couple days.

Lanie November 3rd, 2004 02:58 AM

I also have this problem. I'm fine on the ship, but once home, it takes about a week for the symptoms to go away.