Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:51 PM
courtland

Default alcohol

I know this topic has been beatn into the ground. But.... what is the policy for bringing wine on board a RCCL ship. My wife has several Bottles that are not on the ship's wine list. We would also like drink some on our balcony. Any thoughts?I was also interested in possibly bringing some beer in a cooler.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:59 PM
Della

Default Re: alcohol

Hello,

I just got back from Voyager on Saturday. The cruise line will let you bring wine BUT if you want to drink it in the dining room there is a fee. If you drink it in your room there's no fee. If you buy booze on board and they bring it to your room there is a fee. If they hold it for you until the last day there is no fee.

Our neighbors on board told us they put 24 beers and a bunch of nips in their checked luggage. It showed up to there room with no problems and they drank them all week, kept cool in their mini fridge. I would advise bringing travel mugs to enjoy your drinks outside your room. Hope this helps!
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: alcohol

. I would advise bringing travel mugs to enjoy your drinks outside your room
It is only within the last 2-3 years that the cruise lines started disallowing people to bring their own liquor onboard.
You didnt use to have to sneak booze onboard in your checked luggage.
You used to be able to bring liquor and beer onboard, no problem..... just as in a hotel room.
However, people took advantage of the policy, and started taking their own drinks into the ship's public spaces.

Would anyone even consider taking their own beer into their favorite neighborhood bar, or restaurant?

I personally don't think its any less tacky to mix drinks in your cabin and take them out to the ship's public areas.

Consume it in your cabin, if you like, that is your home for the duration of the cruise. BUT, leave it in your cabin!!!!!

As to the original question... wine is perfectly fine to bring onboard with you. No charge for drinking it in your cabin. If you'd like it served in the dining room there is a corkage fee...... the same system that's used in many land based restaurants.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/