CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Primary age of passengers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/236389-primary-age-passengers.html)

James37 November 2nd, 2004 07:30 PM

Primary age of passengers

Last year went on Mariner. My friends and I were shocked that the majority of passengers were older than 65. Going on Serenade on 12/4/04, and wanted to see if I'll be facing the same age of people. How can you find this out

Donna November 2nd, 2004 07:45 PM

Re: Primary age of passengers

Hi James,
You will find a lot younger people cruising during school breaks. Also the longer the cruise, the older the cruisers are, since they have more time to travel and don't have to worry about missing work..

Woody November 2nd, 2004 07:47 PM

dont know thay u can. i went on mariner 8 months ago and the avg age was probably 45ish. been on 5 other voyager class ships with the avg age being about the same. may have just been a fluke, 65 seems kinda high.

alison1170 November 3rd, 2004 07:43 AM

We go over New Years and last time, there were more kids than adults on board (Navigator). It really does depend on when you go and the length of the cruise as the others have said.

alison

butterfly November 3rd, 2004 08:14 AM

When we were on the Mariner the average adult age was probably 40's and mostly traveling with their families. Lots of kids! Time of year, length of cruise, expense, and itenerary kind of sets the scale on who's sailing. From what I have been told, Holland America attracts the older crowd .

SandyS November 3rd, 2004 11:49 AM

James, you will be facing that age someday. We don't bite and I'm 62 and I'm a ball to be with!!!

Cruisebug November 3rd, 2004 05:40 PM

Re: Re: Primary age of passengers

I'm 64, look like early 50's, and think more like 39! I also love to have fun and cut up. Guess age is just a figure after all. Don't let it bother you....just go and have a fantastic time!

SandyS November 3rd, 2004 07:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Primary age of passengers

You said it cruisebug. We don't get older, we just get better - AT EVERYTHING!!!!

Pootersdad November 4th, 2004 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Primary age of passengers

When we cruised over Thanksgiving last year, there were over 800 kids on board. Give me the geriatric set any day.

Auggiemom November 4th, 2004 11:00 AM

Age is just a number anyway...my husband is fifteen years older than me, so its nice that their is a variety of ages and people on the ship. I do cringe however, to know that we are going over thanksgiving and their could potentially be that amount of kids. But as long as the parents keep and eye out on them, we should all be fine.

barts sister November 5th, 2004 01:03 PM

Re: Re: Primary age of passengers

James i am 35 and gay . I know what you mean the older crowd is very dull. But I have good news me and 15 of my loose group of south alabama gay club will be going on the same cruise as you !! yay. Maybe we can meet up. you sound fun

haywood jablowme November 5th, 2004 03:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Primary age of passengers

Omg thats great we are coming in from San fransisco and are looking for a couple of other gay people to party with. There are 10 of us