Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Default Enchantment or Carnival's Imagination?

I want to take my 30 year old brother on a cruise. I've been on 2 cruises and had a blast! I've been on Explorer and Disney's Magic. Since I am leaving my husband and 2 children behind I want to take a short 4 night cruise ( 3 night too short!). I also prefer to visit 2 ports. So, that leaves me with Carnival's Imagination or Enchantment. My brother is single and likes nightlife ( I can keep up with him, too!) I'm looking for people who know both of these ships to compare clubs/nightlife, shows, food, and service. I have heard Carnival is a little cheesy and loud decor, but I'm not looking for a refined ship -- just a lot of fun with my brother that I only get to see 2-3 times a year! This is my brother's first cruise, so I want him to have a great time! Also, I'm going on the Adventure in February, so I thought I might try Carnival if they are comparable.
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Becky7467

Default Re: Enchantment or Carnival's Imagination?

i have been on 7 cruises. the two i took with carnival had the most "party" people. As much as i like to have fun, it just wasn't worth it because the service and food weren't nearly as good
Old November 8th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Enchantment or Carnival's Imagination?

Thanks so much for the reply! I posted same thing on Carnival's post and nobody is responding. I'm sure lots of people out there have been on these class of ships. You say Carnival has the most "party " people, but are the clubs/bars on Enchantment busy and fun at night? Are the shows the same (good/great)? I'm going on the Adventure in Feb. with husband and kids, so I thought I would maybe try out Carnival especially since I'm just paying for one (maybe 2 if I treat my brother). However, I don't want to sacrifice food and sevice if Carnival's is less than good.
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: Re: Re: Enchantment or Carnival's Imagination?

I have been on the Enchantment and had a great time. There were alot of party people but in a refined classy sort of way. It was my best cruise to date and I like to party. I was recently on the Sensation (sister to the Imagination) and although there was a party crowd, it was more of a tattoo and NASCAR kind of crowd. You said it (cheesy and loud decor) so if you have been on the Explorer and the Magic, I think you will be disappointed with the Imagination. Go on the Enchantment and you won't be sorry. Here's a pic...

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 10th, 2004, 06:40 PM
pastherfuzz

Hey Swany, My last 2 cruises were on Carnival and I couldn't complain about anything, and the food was every bit as good as RCL and the buffets were much better. I've done 2 RCL cruises and find the crowd much more subdued. If you want night life and a party atmosphere its Carnival hands down.
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Layne

My family (wife and 2 kids) have been on the imagination 2 times and My Wife and I on the Enchantment 3 times. Take the Enchantment. The Imaginations service (And all or Carnival) is below parr. It's like the difference between Denny's and Outback Steak House. while imagination is much better than Outback, you get the message) we love the enchantment. We are only sorry it will be in drydock next summer for remodeling or we would have booked another cruise then. Key West and Cozumel are great places to visit on such a short trip.
Old November 11th, 2004, 06:57 PM
ShawinFL

Swany,

I have been on both Imagination and Enchantment. I'm a 32 year old male. I rate the Enchantment the better ship hands down. While the Imagination may have a younger and slightly wilder crowd, I believe this varies from week to week. In my opinion and according to my tastes, RCCL's food far surpases that of Carnival. The disco's are equivalent and equally lively. Whereas I don't believe your brother would be disappointed on either ship, especially since its his first cruise, I think Enchantment would be the better choice for overall cruise quality.

Shawn
Old November 11th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

No doubt at all Enchantment is the prettier ship. Pleasant, elegant surroundings.

In my opinion however Carnival food is now considerably better than RCI.

On a short cruise there's going to be a bit of "party atmosphere"... everyone's trying to fit a 7 day cruise into 4 days. However, the degree and the "nature of the passengers" can and does change from week to week.

Old November 15th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Les G.

Would the Enchantment be appropriate to take a 4 and 6 year old? Thanks.
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:14 AM
pv

Default Re: Re: Enchantment or Carnival's Imagination?

Enchantment Hands Down! i Agree with Dave the Wave , I have been on Carnival Sensation, and the Enchantment. The Cruise Director Matt Baker was great on the enchantment, and the show's were fun that he did.
Old November 15th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: Re: Re: Enchantment or Carnival's Imagination?

PV, yes I must also add that Matt Baker was groovy. I am a huge Austin Powers fan and got to know him on this trip. I was in the quest, kareoke, belly flop, 70's party, ect... and they were much more fun that the stuff on the Sensation.

Les G, yes bring the kids. I had my 7 and 11 boys with me and they had so much fun. All they wanted to do was go to the "kids room" and participate in the activities. I did not have them with me on the Sensation but checked out Camp Carnival and there was absolutely no comparison to Adventure Ocean. Much nicer facilities and staff.

This pic is fuzzy but Matt Baker in Blue shirt and me preparing for my belly flop. See the crowd.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 18th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Passenger

I was out of town for 10 days and got back to see so many replies. Thanks everyone for honest opinions! It sounds like Enchantment is the way to go.