Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Beginner

Default Birthday/Anniversary etc

How does RCI handle special occasions? What do they do? Birthday/honeymoon.

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary the same day we are boarding the ship .....
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2004, 01:29 PM
browezilla

Default Re: Birthday/Anniversary etc

Basically they bring you a cake/dessert during a dinner night you specify. It may also come with a song from the staff. Let you TA know about it and which day you would like RCL to acknowledge it
Old November 10th, 2004, 01:30 PM
browezilla

...and congratulations by the way! 25 years is becoming more and more rare in today's society
Old November 10th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to SandyS
Default Re: Re: Birthday/Anniversary etc

For my last birthday, after trying almost every dessert they had and so stuffed I couldn't get up, out the waiters came with a birthday cake and a song. Needless to say, the cake sat in our cabin because the desserts overpassed the everyday birthday cake but the gesture was nice though. We are going to be celebrating our 42nd anniversary and my birthday in February on the NOS - can't wait!!!
Old November 10th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

This summer a group of us cruised on the Empress to Bermuda. Our TA asked if anyone was celebrating a birthday or anniversary while onboard - my friends were celebrating their 20th Anniversary. Once we set sail they received an invitation to a reception given especially for those passengers celebrating a birthday/anniversary.
Old November 11th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Yeoman

We often sail over New Years and my bday is New Years. My dad (who comes along with us) orders me a bday cake a few days ahead of time so they can make it. There may be an extra charge for this. Its usually a small cake, but weve often had leftovers like the other poster mentioned since the desserts are so good! The one trip I had gotten friendly with our waiters and the maitre d. Well they fixed up a cake for me! They at least doubled the amount of rum in it and it was so loaded it wasnt good. They ended up taking the cake to the crews party and I was told it was gone within a few minutes! Ive also seen decorations on doors for special events. With RCI, when you get your docs there is usually a section on tux rentals and special event stuff.

alison