Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ship's

Carnival PRIDE, cabins 5106-5108 combo. Inside cabin connected to a Balcony cabin.

Plus side: really great rate to have both cabins. Great for parents wanting their privacy with the kids still next door instead of across the hall.

Negative side: Balcony was very large, but too windy to use unless in port.
Balcony right under the bridge, so all the crew can look down on you.
Cabins are VERY far forward (we liked this...very quiet) but long walk to eating places.
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi
Default Re: Ship's

In 2003 while on the Explorer I booked a corner aft on the Navigator for our 2004 cruise. Well now not only do I have to have a balcony cabin but I have to have an aft one at that. Last year it was cabin 1388 on the navigator and it was huge. I even got a little sunburned out sunbathing before we left the port of Miami. Now we are booked on the Jewel with an aft 8171. I hope they are nice like the one on the Navigator. The only draw back to thse rooms is the walk to the stairs or Elevators not a real problem for me.
Lexi

1/28/06 Jewel of the Seas my 20th cruise!
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Only Me

Hi, just wondering if anyone has stayed in Radiance Class 7654 - will e have an obstructed view of the water?? Any advice appreciated
Old April 29th, 2005, 11:51 AM
kenna

Hi- Would like to know if anyone has stayed in cabin 8032 on Grandeur. I know it is slightly below the main pool.
Old April 30th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Susierailroad

I booked several months ago with Online Vacation Center a balcony cabin (guarantee) for a European trip on Brillance of the Seas (RCI) and was told I would absolutely not get an obstructed view. When I got notification, it was for cabin 9254, last cabin aft on port side. Although RCI brochure does not show this cabin to have obstructed view, I called RCI directly and was told it was 49% OBSTRUCTED!! After calling OVC, they changed me to cabin 9608. Imagine my disappointment if I had not checked the location and verified it with RCI? Moral of the story, never take anyone's word for the quality of the cabin location without further investigation.
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are on the Jewel in cabin 7596. Does anyone know if we will have a larger balcony or if it has an obstructed view?

BTW a great cabin was on the VOS 7388 it was a corner aft and the balcony was huge. It had 2 lounge chairs plus a table and chairs so we ate breakfast out there every morning. That was our first balcony and now I think we are forever spoiled, I tried to get an aft for a Nov trip on the JOS but they werent available, hope Im not too dissappointed.
Old May 14th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We were in Cabin 1060 on the Brilliance of the Seas, and I believe it has the largest balcony....it was big enough to have a party....the only drawback was the overhang and we didn't get any sun until late afternoon...great location next to the Elevators center ship but could not hear them....

We have also been in 9586 on the hump which is great with beautiful views in either direction....
Old June 20th, 2005, 12:20 AM
kn123

i am going on the navigator OTS in a few days.. and my cabin is in the very front of the ship.. i was wondering how it is? let me know thanks!
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Desta4

Good question, I too would like to know about having a cabin in the front of the ship...first one....Good or bad?
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Passenger

I've had a forward cabin on the Carnival PRIDE that was the 2nd cabin to the front. VERY quiet up there and very little foot traffic. We didnt notice any motion difference up there like we anticipated. Smooth ride! Our balcony was VERY windy though, but we were right under the captains bridge and I think it gave us a wind tunnel affect.
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Desta4

Is there much difference between a D1 and a Jr. Suite?
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Passenger

Probably depends on which D1 you have?? We will be in an AFT D1 suite that is as big as the Jr. Suite. If you have a D1 port or starboard, this will not be the case. The Jr. Suite will be bigger.
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Passenger

Sailing on The Mariner will be staying in cabin 7360 which is a cat. D2.

Anyone stayed in this location or category?

Is this location or category Good or Bad? Please advise.

Old June 21st, 2005, 03:54 AM
Passenger

i sailed navigator in room 1688 starboard aft corner and must say it was an extremely large cabin widest and longest i have ever been in compared to all the rci ships i have been on. But i had to complain that there was a large pillar in the middle of the room so i had to watch where i walked in the dark. Also the balcony was a some what large but was hard to stand up in because of the shape of this corner of the ship meaning i had to bend down alot.
Old June 21st, 2005, 03:56 AM
Passenger

sorry i meant port aft
Old June 21st, 2005, 04:11 AM
Passenger

ive added a gallery about the cabin 1688 to show the size of the cabin so check it out.
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:25 AM
Passenger

How tall are you Monarch Fan? I chose this cabin (and worked very hard to get it) because I was told it was the #1 cabin on the ship and I read dozens of reviews to back that up.........now I'm wondering???
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Ship's

Thanks for the pictures MonarchFan.

This is my very favorite website for pictures of the AFT (including 1688/1388) of the Voyager Class ships on RCCL.

http://community.webshots.com/slides...219&key=CtbGLi
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:00 AM
Desta4

Great pics
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:39 AM
Desta4

Are the side balconies always windy? I've had a aft and it was never windy.
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:47 AM
Passenger

We have had a side balcony midship on deck 8 and it wasnt overly windy. The balcony we had FAR forward was VERY windy though.

This will be our first AFT cabin with balcony and I am hoping we can catch a slight breeze out there??????? We will be on deck 10.
Old June 21st, 2005, 10:22 AM
Desta4

I had aft and there was no breeze whatsoever, but I liked no breeze. Now I will be the first cabin starboard side, and am afraid, I will not even be able to enjoy my balcony.
Old June 21st, 2005, 01:25 PM
Passenger

Desta4,

Where is your cabin........midship or forward or??? You will be fine I'm sure. Our far forward cabin was windy I'm sure just because we had the captains bridge above us and it created that wind tunnel.

If there is no breeze AFT, then I think I might have to take some battery operated fans to clip up out on the balcony. We will be on the Mariner in late July.........ug!!!!
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:43 PM
Passenger

This will be my 1st stay in a balcony cabin.

How do you know if you are mid ship, foward, on the aft? I never knew there were so many differnt terms for cabiin locations.

Can anyone help me with some of these terms?
midship
forward
AFT
???

Old June 21st, 2005, 09:14 PM
Passenger

AFT is the VERY back of the ship regardless of which deck you are on.
Forward is the front of the ship
Mid-ship is the middle of the ship no matter which deck you are on.

Port if the left side of the ship as you are facing the "nose" of the ship
Starboard is the right side as you are facing forward (or the nose)
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
Passenger

the aft cabins dont get any wind which is good but the balcony you had to keep dodging around to prevent yourself from getting a knock on the head from support pillars which is not really what you expect on a cruise
Old June 22nd, 2005, 07:18 AM
Desta4

Ciship,

I am the very first cabin on the ship.......now I'm not sure if it is starboard or port. When looking a diagram in brochure it is on the right. If I am to be facing the ship....am I standing in front to determine starboard on port. Or am I to be facing the ship standing inside it to determine?
Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:25 AM
Passenger

If you have the very first cabin on the ship, then you are FAR forward.

If you are INSIDE the ship and face the nose (front) of the ship then Port is on your left and Starboard is on your right.

I've had both port and starboard and they just don't make much difference to me. Some will say it all depends on the destination of your cruise and how your captain "parks" the ship in port.

What ship are you on and what cabin#. I can help you more regarding your cabin position if you like??

Since you have had an AFT cabin before, how come you just didnt go back to AFT when you booked? Did you not like the backside???
Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:47 AM
Desta4

Ciship,

I loved the aft cabin, but there were none available at the time of booking...So now I am stuck with a D1in 7214 on the Voyager. I went from having a aft jr suite to D1 not very happy about it.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Well, I couldnt find anything negative about the forward cabins on Voyager. You're right though, it WILL be different than being AFT.

When is your cruise? Can you put yourself on a waiting list to get an AFT cabin? A lot of people cancel just before final payment and cabins open up. You might consider this and then stay on top of your TA or whomever you booked with to make sure they are checking constantly on it.

Just a suggestion...........