Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Internet access on Grandeur of the Seas

Hi,

I am curious if the internet on Grandeur of the Sea is available only during specific hours and if so, what are the hours that the internet service is available? Could anyone who has sailed on that ship provide some information?
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Internet access on Grandeur of the Seas

We were on the Grandeur in Sept. There is an internet cafe. It's right in the open on one of the upper decks (6 or 7 I think). It's never closed. There are only about 10 terminals though. I used it to send my kids email & to receive news from them. It's very slow and it cost me about $5.00 everytime I was on it. There is a printer available, so when I received emails I wanted to read I just printed them instead of reading them at the terminal. It didn't cost anything to print them, but you're paying by the minute to read them!
Hope this helps,
Have a great time on the Grandeur, we loved it!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old November 28th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Passenger

Its 50 cents a minute. just a warning though, if you are an AOL customer you can log onto your account and read your email but you can not write one and email out. I dont quite understand why but i found out later in the week that my emails never went through! something to do with royal caribbean and AOL and some service problems. if anyone knows why i would love to hear!
Old November 29th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Steven Spearman

Another option to remember is internet cafes at your stops. Now you may well have better things to do ;-), but in Cozumel, for example, there are cyber-cafes within 3 blocks of the downtown pier that charge like $2 / hour for high speed access.
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Love to Sail

I've sailed on the Grandeur twice and have sent email using the Yahoo address that I use when I travel. I've never had any problems sending or receiving email through Yahoo when I'm sailing. Use of the Internet can be pricey though, especially if you lose track of the time while you are online and stay on too long. Since I'm Platinum I receive a booklet of coupons and use the coupon for a Free 15 minute session. I try to stick with that time limit to send a few quick messages home. If I go back online to check for responses later in the cruise I print out the messages and get off quickly so I don't run up a big bill.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 04:28 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to MariTenor1

I am an AOL user and have sent e-mail messages out. However, they have usually been a reply to a message received. I have never tried initiating one from the ship.