Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Passenger

Default Earliest time to get off ship(AOS)?

Checking on flights and want to use my AA miles, but the only time flying out is at 8:50 AM. When is the earliest time one can get off ship? We are in a suite and are Crown & Anchor members if that helps. Also, how long is the flight from Miami to San Juan? Do they show a movie? Are personal dvds allowed?
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Earliest time to get off ship(AOS)?

Hi Swany,
I wouldn't book a flight until about noon, sometimes you can make an earlier one, but you never quite know when you will be off the ship and cleared by customs, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:46 PM
jamiegunter

You wont be off before 9 am I can tell ya that. We usually get off around 11 or 12. You are safe to do after 1:00 oclock. Customs has to clear the ship and that takes time.
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Earliest time to get off ship(AOS)?

How long can we stay in our room? We sailed on the Explorer last year and I can't remember when we had to be out. If I book a later flight, I would like to stay in room as late as possible- have breakfast on the veranda( I know we would have to go get it ourselves), take time getting ready,etc.. We are in a suite, so I didn't know if they would let us stay in the room a little longer.
Old November 20th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Earliest time to get off ship(AOS)?

Hi Swany,
They usually want you out of your cabin by 8:00. They still have to get it ready for the next group. Just find a nice place onboard to sit and relax before they call your color off.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 20th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Sis

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Earliest time to get off ship(AOS)?

We were called at 7:45 and off by 8:00, made for a rough morning rushing in all. We also had a suite. Our plane didn't leave until 3:30....was suppose to leave at 2:00. We had a long day in the air port with nothing to do. I'd still rather be in air port then sitting on the ship with nothing open and waitting to get off.
Old November 20th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Dave P

Hello...I think it is hard to pinpoint when you will get off the ship. I really think it depends on several factors and they're all different each week.

We were on the Adventure this past October 17-25. We were Platinum members at the time (now Diamond) and were also in an Owner's Suite. Our flight was to leave San Juan at 11-AM back to Philadelphia.

We were placed in a special room for Suite/Platinum/Diamond members and were told we would be first off the ship before anyone else. I must say that we are still in shock, but at exactly 8:10-AM, the ship was cleared to let passengers off and we were the first ones alllowed to leave. We got off, were first in line and customs, and the first to gather our luggage. It seemed wierd being in that big warehouse with all that luggage and no other people their. It took exactly 10-minutes for us to get off the ship, go through customs and get our luggage and be off. It was too smooth, and too easy.

We've never experienced this before. I suppose we were just lucky. I don't know if thngs go this easily every week, but that was our experience.

Dave
Old November 21st, 2004, 08:58 AM
jamiegunter

Just all depends on how fast customs clears the ship. Its important for poeple that are not US citizens to go to customs early in the morning when they are told to. That holds things up when people dont follow instructions.