Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Justin Shapiro

Default How would I sell a cruise I can't go on?

I have a cruise all paid for and can't get a refund for that I am unable to go on now. Does anybody have any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: How would I sell a cruise I can't go on?

It very-much depends on the terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract you agreed-to. I noted that the cruise reservation information with respect to the name of the passenger was verified against proof of identity at check-in, so it seems clear that if there was to be any change in passenger, it would have had to have been agreed-to by the cruise line in advance.

Old November 20th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Justine,
Did you happen to purchase insurance, depending on the reasons you can't go, you may be able to collect from that?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Justin Shapiro

well, we aren't going because we aren't getting married anymore. I'm not sure if that is a viable excuse for not being ableto go on a cruise or not...
Old November 28th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Yeoman

How far off is the cruise, how many days is the cruise and what cruise line? You just can't sell it to someone. Up to a certain point you may make one name change (for a fee) but not two. Depending on the sailing date you may be able to get a partial refund.
Old November 28th, 2004, 01:55 AM
nednrom

I haven't encountered any insurances that would actually allow you to sell the tickets yourself. Depending on how far out the cruise is, you may be able to get a partial refund. You may also be able to change one of the names like Cruise Guy suggests. If it's not too painful, consider going by yourself or with a friend and having a great time.
Old November 28th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Yeoman

That is one of the best aspects of cruise insurance through RCI directly, as they'll refund 75% of your cruise fare, no questions asked, up until a certain time before your cruise. It seems well-designed to serve the precisely need that Justin had.

Old November 28th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Justin Shapiro

Unfortunately, I did not go through RCI directly. I used my parents timeshare to get money off for the cruise. Once monday rolls around, I'll give my agent a call and see what I can do about a refund.