CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   How would I sell a cruise I can't go on? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/236510-how-would-i-sell-cruise-i-cant-go.html)

Justin Shapiro November 20th, 2004 09:09 AM

How would I sell a cruise I can't go on?

I have a cruise all paid for and can't get a refund for that I am unable to go on now. Does anybody have any thoughts?

bicker November 20th, 2004 10:20 AM

Re: How would I sell a cruise I can't go on?

It very-much depends on the terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract you agreed-to. I noted that the cruise reservation information with respect to the name of the passenger was verified against proof of identity at check-in, so it seems clear that if there was to be any change in passenger, it would have had to have been agreed-to by the cruise line in advance.

Donna November 20th, 2004 07:47 PM

Hi Justine,
Did you happen to purchase insurance, depending on the reasons you can't go, you may be able to collect from that?

Justin Shapiro November 27th, 2004 10:57 PM

well, we aren't going because we aren't getting married anymore. I'm not sure if that is a viable excuse for not being ableto go on a cruise or not...

Cruiseguy November 28th, 2004 01:17 AM

How far off is the cruise, how many days is the cruise and what cruise line? You just can't sell it to someone. Up to a certain point you may make one name change (for a fee) but not two. Depending on the sailing date you may be able to get a partial refund.

nednrom November 28th, 2004 02:55 AM

I haven't encountered any insurances that would actually allow you to sell the tickets yourself. Depending on how far out the cruise is, you may be able to get a partial refund. You may also be able to change one of the names like Cruise Guy suggests. If it's not too painful, consider going by yourself or with a friend and having a great time.

bicker November 28th, 2004 08:22 AM

That is one of the best aspects of cruise insurance through RCI directly, as they'll refund 75% of your cruise fare, no questions asked, up until a certain time before your cruise. It seems well-designed to serve the precisely need that Justin had.

Justin Shapiro November 28th, 2004 10:16 AM

Unfortunately, I did not go through RCI directly. I used my parents timeshare to get money off for the cruise. Once monday rolls around, I'll give my agent a call and see what I can do about a refund.

walterj5 November 13th, 2015 07:12 PM

would you consider a roommate

I may be interested, where and when.

Thank You
Walter

Fern November 13th, 2015 09:17 PM

Walter, I'm just curious??? This thread was posted in 2004. How and why did you pull it up again?

I've seen this happen before, but never asked.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Dayomat January 3rd, 2016 03:56 PM

I have one for sale that I can't go on.

Jan 10 to 17, 2016 from Tampa to the Caribbean.
Mexico, Belize and Honduras
Norwegian Cruise Line