Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Default Does RCCL have a sale on the final day of a cruise in their

Just wondering....
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Does RCCL have a sale on the final day of a cruise in th

We didn't notice any significant last-day sales. I think they recognize that if they did that, people would "find out" (thank to the Internet, now, eh?) and therefore hold-off on all their purchases until the end of the trip.

Old November 28th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Yeoman

Towards the end of the trip they will mark down items a lot. However, the really good deals are on items that are either XXXLL or XS small. You can still get some good buys on the other items. If you see something early on in your cruise and there arent many left, then go ahead and buy it. The stuff that is usually marked down they have a ton of. Also, they have sales throughout the trip. The shops will not be open while in port, or on disembarkation day.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

On the VOS they had sales about every other day in the "mall" area. The best thing is to wander through every day to see what's up. Be sure to stop for desserts and soft serve ice cream too. Jimbo
Old November 28th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Passenger

We were on the Navigator in September and noticed sales starting on the second or third day. Most jewellery went on sale (40-50% off) as the cruise went on, on the last two days they brought out t-shirts for 2 for 20$, however these were not the same ones as in the shops. Nicer t-shirts did have some small discounts the last day or so of the cruise. I also noticed some souvenir items on sale. I would probably wait until I saw a special to buy, but I never saw anything lower than half price and still preferred the shopping in ports. Cozumel great for t-shirts ect. and Grand Cayman the place to shop for jewellery and high quality watches. We got a great deal on his & hers Movados.
One note about Cozumel, the shopping guide told us to take a taxi into town for the best deals, but prices and merchandise were the same, just bargain.
Old November 28th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Passenger

some ships have better sales than others. have been on 4 rc cruises and have found that the smaller ships had more of selection of items and more sales. Just came off of AOS and i was disappointed in the merchandise in the shops. I thought since it was a bigger ship they would have more items but they didnt. the perfume store didnt have any of the new perfumes and lacked a selection. For those of you who smoke, the popular brands were sold out on the first day and they did not restock at the ports. Also, it seemed like they were pushing the same things on the tables every day for sale, nothing new. And like mentioned above in the other posting, most sizes were either small or xxx-large.
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Voyager had 1/2 price off on t-shirts and discounts on other items.

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04
Old December 4th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Billie

On EOS last February they had great deals on the last day on pretty much everything. I had been eyeing up a ring that I liked all week but thought it was too expensive. The last night it dropped in price 30%. I wear it almost every day!

Billie