Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Repositioning Cruises

Just wanted to let people know that there are really GREAT DEALS to be had on repositioning cruises. Reposition cruises leave and return to and from different ports, as in embark from NYC and end up in Miami. We will be sailing on the VOS Nov 18th 2005 for eight days for $750 per person. Superior outside with balcony on deck nine!!
And since we booked while on board we got an extra $100 in on board credit. Nice!

Has anyone experience any other such great deals? Even on other lines? Please tell!

Jimbo
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to My_chemical_romance27
Default Re: Repositioning Cruises

WHAT WEBSITE DO YOU GO ON TO FIND OUT ABOUT THESE KINDS OF CRUISE..ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED...THANKS!!!!!
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:18 AM
straycat

I am on the VOS May 05 repo. Promanade cabin for 280/pp (before port charges and tax. It was 439, but they reduced it after I booked and I got the discount from my website. It is eight nights Miami to Bayonne NJ. Awesome!
Old December 1st, 2004, 12:30 PM
hcat

How does the one way air fare work out? Do you get a good price from the cruise line or do your own?
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:16 AM
Cynda H

We're on Radience in May for a repo cruise too. SanDiego to Canada...as for airfare, we went thru expedia.com to see what was available, then checked the airlines website direct...which was a little cheaper. We were looking at between 90 and 145 , we ended up with 92.00 pp for the airfare, but it took persistene, checking it about once a week.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:51 PM
CruzCrazy

I'm on the Voyager also on May 7, 2005 leaving Miami to Bayonne. Friends of ours told us about it when they booked it and decided to go for it as well.

I have a great travel agent in Miami. I got a Cat D2 Superior Balcony #7670 on Deck 7 for $758 pp. That's $95 a day.

I book my own airfare and hotels myself and checked on Expedia and found a $85 one-way fare from NY to Ft. Lauderdale. Haven't booked it yet, but will the first of the year.

I will stay in Manhattan and bid on Priceline for a 4-star hotel. Just love Priceline.

I was just on the Connie and did a New England cruise and stayed in NYC.

On Priceline I just got six nights in NYC in October for $125 a night. That was the Hilton and the Waldorf Astoria. Good price for a 4-star hotel.

There are some good deals out there, it's just a matter of doing a little research.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:26 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I got the Enchantment for $471 pp inside for a cruise from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale.....a unique one time repo cruise. And add the single supplement for me it was less than $700.............pretty darn good for a single cruiser!

Old December 8th, 2004, 02:16 PM
First Mate

Please let me know where you look for these cruises. Are they in the catalogs that the cruise lines offer??? We have the time and would like to do this in the future. We live on the East Coast so Philadelphia and Baltimore would be perfect ports. We can drive to both. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Old December 9th, 2004, 03:03 PM
CruzCrazy

There are some cruise websites that list the repositioning cruises in a separate list.

Otherwise if a cruise only lists one date, that usually is a repo cruise. You will then have to research it further to make sure that it is a repo cruise.

I'm finding that one-way air tix have come down in price. I would check the airfare first before booking the cruise to make sure this trip is worth it to you.

If you decide to stay in a hotel pre or post cruise, then check out Priceline and save even more.
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:57 PM
s young

Default Re: Re: Repositioning Cruises

We last month were on the Brilliance for a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Miami - 11 days - and bid for it on skyacution.com - won it with a bid of $360 and got a one way flight from miami to london (bidding) for $200
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:57 AM
First Mate

CruzCrazy thanks for your help. Sounds like this would be a great way to cruise!! We are hooked on cruising and love sea days. Have a great holiday to all on this post.

Old January 22nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

When can we board the repo cruise on May 7th in Miami?

Post Edited (05-18-05 13:53)
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just a note on one-way airfare. Some of the newer "discount-no frills" airlines will sell one way tickets at resonable prices. Jetblue and Southwest come to mind. Jimbo
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:28 PM
Cynda H

regarding where to find them, just go to a website like expedia.com or travelocity, whatever, then find the cruiseline you are interested in, and hunt them down We we open on our travel dates, which is the primary key to these cruises. We started by searching cruises from the port we wanted to leave on, and the comapny we wanted to cruise with...and then found the repo cruise to be an itinerary and price we liked !
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

www.cruisecritic.com to find repo cruises.

Post Edited (05-18-05 09:31)
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:47 AM
First Mate

I sailed the same cruise, got 459 PP for outside cabin, no shipboard credit thought, our airfare to Miami was 69PP on airtran.

Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

One of the sites you can check for repo. cruises is Yahoo Travel, www.yahoo.com and click on the travel section. It'll take some moving around depending if you have a particular cruise line in mind, but the repo cruises do show up there.
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:39 AM
libbynan

Vacations-to-Go has a complete listing of cruises by destination, cruise line, time frame, etc. and the repositioning cruises are right in there w/ the regular ones.