Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2004, 03:59 PM
JewelBound

Default Aft-facing on the Jewel

In the brochure it appears the aft-facing cabin have larger balconies and even some aft-facing seem larger than other aft-facing. Does anyone know if all decks have the same aft-facing balcony size? RCCL says they are 41 sq. ft.
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Aft-facing on the Jewel

Hi Jewel bound,
When are you onboard Jewel? Yes, its true the cabins in the aft do have larger balconies, not sure if they are all the same, but they are nice. What cabin number are you? I've had one on Radiance which are nicer than some of them on Voyager. The Voyager class have support beams back there, the Radiance don't, so all the aft facing cabins have a great view.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:10 PM
JewelBound

We just booked into cabin #8168 (deck 8) on the Jewel for an 8-night Eastern Caribbean. They said the cabin is 209 sq. ft and the balcony is 41 sq ft -- but I think that is the norm for catagory D1 Superior Ocean View cabins and the aft facing ones have a larger balcony. They look like they are different sizes in the brochure. #8168 is on the end, so maybe it is not as deep but a little longer? Anyone been in cabin #8168 and peeked over to the next balcony?
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi JB,
Thats a great cabin, just looked it up and you should be able to get a side view plus the back view, nice large balcony. You'll have a table with 2 chairs, plus 2 lounge chairs and still have plenty of room. The next balcony over may be just a little longer, but you will still have plenty of room, so don't worry.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:17 AM
WDR

I was in room 1100 and only had 2 chairs and a small table and that room is a JR. SUITE, but a very big balcony.
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Yeoman

WDR, we have never been on the Jewel but are booked 8-31-05 on a transatlantic. We are booked in suite 1100. Can you tell me more about it?
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:44 AM
TootsieBell

From all I can see, AFT cabins are larger. We had a Balcony, Room 9026 on the Jewel. The cabin was small, and the balcony only had room for a table and two chairs.
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:25 AM
WDR

The room is nice 2 single beds pushed together , nice walk in closet, a desk we lots of counter space, lots a storage, a couch coffee table , a chair in the corner ,there's a safe and a TV, bathroom with sink toliet bath/shower combo. very nice balcony we did room service for breakfast a few mornings and ate out there . Lily was our cabin person and she was great anything we asked for she got it we no fuss. the only drawback on this room is the noise from the windjammer cafe above but I didn't let it bother me (people moving chairs or someone talking real loud ) we would take this room again anytime.hope you enjoy your cruise.
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Passenger

I have 9256 on the 1/905 sailing and the aft cabins balconies ARE larger than the regular balconies. First time I've booked an aft. Just happened to luck into getting 9256 on the corner. I read it's great from all who have gotten it on the various Radiance Class ships. From what I've heard it holds 2 regular chairs, 2 loungers and a small round cocktail table. Upon someone's recommendation on these boards, I bought a thing called a roll-a-table and am taking that also to set up out there on the balcony. It's basically for campers and is just great. A full size 32" sq. dining table which completely comes apart. Can't wait! Yeah!! Happy sailing!!
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Yeoman

WDR, thanks for the info. I'm sure we will enjoy this cruise.
Old November 30th, 2004, 01:05 PM
JewelBound

It looks (and sounds) like cabin #9256 has a larger balcony than #8168 ... aside from both having larger balconies than the non-sft-facing cabins. It would appear Lauderdalebob did luck into a great cabin.
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Sis

Exactly where is everyone going to see these rooms at?
Old November 30th, 2004, 03:53 PM
JewelBound

I'm just looking at the brochure and on Royal Caribbean.com website. I 'saved' the deck plan from the website, then enlarge and print it out so I can see the numbers better.
Old November 30th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Yeoman

I had 9256 in May and it is twice the width of a normal "D" balcony BUT not the depth. More room to stand at the rail but not as much sitting room as you might think. We did the Baltic so didn't need it. Deck 8 does not have the extra width and didn't peek over the rail to see the depth. Don't mean to put a damper on this since the aft location is great but both of the rooms we are discussing are also by the crew stairwell. It is not used too much but they do love to slam that door in the daytime.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
RG

We are booked into Cabin 1104 on Deck 11 and my research indicates the room is 204 sq. ft.; additionally, it has a larger balcony comprising almost 124 sq. ft. (9.5 ft. wide & 13 ft. deep. Equally noteworthy, the side or dividing partitions are full metal panels and not the usual glass panels that have gaps on the sides/bottom. I am quite looking forward to having a cabin and balcony almost equal to one of the Sky Suites on Celebrity (Galaxy) at much cost.