Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:06 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to My_chemical_romance27
Default WHAT IS YOUR FAV RCCL SHIP

WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT YOUR FAVORITE SHIP IS AND WHY??? VALUE ALL THE COMMENTS FROM THE BOARD AND LOOKING TO SAIL AGAIN AND WOULD LOVE ALL OF YOUR INPUT......
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAV RCCL SHIP

My favorite so far has been Radiance with Voyager right behind. Will be going on Jewel in Jan, so I'm hoping I enjoy that new ship as much as Radiance.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

I like the Voyager. It's a big ship and lots to do for my teenage son. That's the reason I chose it and I'm glad I did.

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Enchantment of the Seas is a beautiful ship but not too large and crowded. I really look forward to going on her again after the stretch. I also love the Sovereign of the Seas and she will be a classic one day. Great lines and a large pool area. I don't care much for ice skating, rock climbing (yes, I know, they all have them now but they are ugly and block the view from the Viking Crown) or malls. Get me to the pool with a bucket of beers and I am happy. I also think the Solariums are a wates of space in the Caribbean. Maybe in Alaska or where it is cold. But you won't find me cruising where it is too cold to sunbathe and swim.

Post Edited (12-01-04 09:45)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAV RCCL SHIP

Dave,
Very interesting photo of the EN at KMY in Turku!!!!
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:58 AM
Yeoman

"Jewel" since she is the newest Radiance class ship. They do make changes/improvements but keep the good stuff. For the size of ship there is alot of space designated for the passengers use (granted "RCI" still doesn't go very big in the average cabin square footage). The fitness area is a great example of giving "us" more space and it is a pleasure to work out in there.
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

The Navigator of the Seas.
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:10 AM
Sis

When is the Ultra Voyager coming out?

Thanks all.
Old December 1st, 2004, 12:29 PM
hcat

Enchantment before it was strectched (haven't seen the new version...) We will be trying Briliance in March so maybe that will be a new favorite...
Old December 1st, 2004, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

It hasn't been stretched yet. It will be in May, one of my normal months to cruise when the kids get out of school. It will be 75' longer with more pool deck space and 151 more cabins, among other things.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 1st, 2004, 01:56 PM
Captain

Rather than a favorite ship, we have a favorite CLASS of RCCL ship. That would be the Radiance class. Not too big (Voyager), not too small. Sort of like the porridge in the Three Bears - Not too hot, not too cold - just right.

We have been on Voyager twice, Explorer once, Radiance once, Brilliance twice, and Jewel once. Also booked on Jewel for November '05, and Majesty in March '05.

We like the Royal Promenade on the Voyager Class, as well as the ice shows, but we feel the Radiance class is more "cozy", if a 90,000 ton ship can be considered cozy.

We'll probably book a Voyager class again, but the Radiance class is still the favorite.

Old December 1st, 2004, 04:47 PM
First Mate

Mariner
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAV RCCL SHIP

Freedom of the Seas will enter service in April 2006.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:02 AM
browezilla

So far I like the Voyager-class ships the best. Of these, my favorite so far is Adventure of the Seas. The ships are very very similar, however the art is different. Also, starting with Navigator of the Seas, they redesigned the childrens area. You won't be disappointed with Voyager-class or Radiance-class. Note though that Voyager-class gets a lot of children passengers. RCCL is saying 1/3 or more of the passengers on Voyager-class are children.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
CruzCrazy

I liked the Brilliance (Radiance Class ships) over the Voyager class ships (Explorer of the Seas). Even though I've been on the Explorer twice and will be on the Voyager on a repo next year, I prefer the small RCL ships.

The Brilliance is a beautiful ship and I love that size ship. I did not care for the dining room food though (but the I'm spoiled by going on Celebrity). It might have been just what I ordered, but I wouldn't let that keep me from sailing her again.

I will be sailing the Jewel of the Seas next Dec on a back- to- back caribbean cruise and I can't wait.

I'm also jumping on the Majesty next week for a 4-nighter just to check her out.

I've heard the Enchantment is nice. Twice I booked it and twice I changed it for another cruise. I must try her as well.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to My_chemical_romance27

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE..KEEP THEM COMING...I LIKE TO HEAR EVERYONES VIEWS...NOTHING LIKE GETTING REAL OPINIONS FROM THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY CRUISE ...NOT JUST THE COMPANY LINES YOU KNOW,,,,
Old December 4th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Lanie

Navigator of th Seas
Old December 4th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Katie,

I think that apart from all the above mentioned vessels, you should consider the Galaxy or Mercury.
Old December 4th, 2004, 01:34 PM
ry_ma

VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER VOYAGER
of the seas is the best ever.
Old December 4th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Passenger

We have been on the Navigator, the Adventurer, the Grandeur and the Jewel. We love them all, but the Jewel is a cut above.
Janice M.
Old December 7th, 2004, 06:47 AM
First Mate

I have to say GRANDEUR like the size of it . Adventurer was just TOO BIG!!

Old December 7th, 2004, 10:33 AM
big apple

Just got of of voyager and for all the positives I would take a smaller vessel in the rangeof 90000 tons and the main reason is that the lines last week were unbearable from getting on the ship,ice show tickets,front desk,immigraton at St Thomas buffet lines in Windjammer,and it took one hr after getting off ship to clear customs.Never had this problem after somo 30 cruises.Would suggest the Millinnium as alternate to this problem.Did notice that after the first of the yr you will be able to use your capts club status from Celebrity and apply it to Rcl which should help in some of the above line problems.
Old December 7th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Luvflowerz

Voyager of the seas
Old December 7th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

VOS
Old December 7th, 2004, 06:40 PM
crys

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS ALL THE WAY!! i love optix and everything! its the best it was my mostr memorable vacation ever
Old December 9th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Tigger

We just came back from a 7-Night West. Caribb. on the Splendour of the Seas out of Tampa. It was AWESOME! The rooms were great, definitely get a balcony seeing shooting stars late night was incredible. The service was 5-star all the way.....especially Francisco, Hamish, Luigi, and Denitsa and Tatayana in the dining room, and for room attendant Marilyn was outstanding!

Belly flop contests, mens sexy legs, Bingo (with a great twist), karoake, rock climbing (no charge), contests like Quest, ping-pong doubles, horse races in the pool.

The surroundings are breathtaking especially the Solarium (Greek themed), and the public spaces are very open and inviting.

The food in the dining room was exceptional........so too was the Windjammer Cafe, and the midnight buffet was grandoise, elegant and delicious, .and again the service was "Way above average and way beyond".

We were in room 7084 with balcony....it was quiet, exceptionally clean and enough room for 3 of us to not get in each others way.
Old December 9th, 2004, 08:39 PM
surfer e 2468

sailed granduer of the seas transatlantic.Liked being able to sit on promenade deck and look out over the ocean,something you cannot do on the megaliners,
Old December 9th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Passenger

Radiance . . . .only because of the SeaView Cafe!