Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:30 AM
Young&Fun

Default Calling all gays to Serenade 12/04/04

Me and a few of my close boyfriends won a free trip on our first cruise this coming weekend. There are 25 young sexy and fun gay males looking for a great time. If anyone who likes to have fun and I mean lots of fun. Message me back and we can meet. We plan on taking over this ship with custumes and drinks. Hey cruzboy are you on this ship by chance??
Young & Fun
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:16 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Calling all gays to Serenade 12/04/04

Under people, there's a gay section..u might get more of a response on that thread.
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Let me know which ship you guys will be on so I make sure I am not on it. If you are, stay out of the hot tubs!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:02 AM
Yeoman

I can understand the response to this thread and especially the "taking over" part. On my last 2 of 3 cruises the gay male group made certain we all knew they were gay. Insecurity? It shouldn't matter what you are but the fact that you HAVE to broadcast it really speaks poorly of you.
Old December 1st, 2004, 01:32 PM
hcat

As mentioned before-- large specilaty groups of any kind tend to take over & sort of ruin in for the rest of us who just like to meet & mingle with folks from all over the world!
Old December 1st, 2004, 01:55 PM
Dixie Lee

Young and fun is young (maybe) and naive. Why would you broadcast that you are gay and going to take over the ship when you know what the reaction is going to be? Just trying to get a reaction out of people, I guess. Go to the gay/lesbian board, if you are serious.
Dixie Lee
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Pnlt2

I'm going on this cruise and if any of you flamers upset my family. I'll knock you out.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Young&Fun

Default Re: Re: Calling all gays to Serenade 12/04/04

Well we are going to be on this ship and we are going to be loud and proud. We will kiss in public and do everything you heteros do. So get ready for us. If you want to meet me ask for James
Old December 2nd, 2004, 11:26 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Calling all gays to Serenade 12/04/04

If you are going to do everythind us "HETEROS" do there should be no problem. As a general rule, we "HETEROS" don't kiss and grope each other in public, realizing that there is a time and place for everything, and that everything we do in private is not nescessarily appropriate for public display.

Post Edited (12-02-04 10:28)

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old December 2nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yeah! and we heteros don't do it with members of the same sex.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 12:45 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cassie

Every friend I have that is Gay would never grope their partner in public or disrespect theirselves or other people like that. Sadly the same thing can not be said for my "hetero" Friends. So if I were you I wouldn't be worrying about this group.Id worry more aobut that 14 year old out on the dance floor dry humpin the 45 year old.

Young & Fun,
Im glad that you are comfirtable with your sexuality. I think it's a great thing to except the way you are and to love yourself. But please remember that people will give you the respect that you give yourself and if you are runnin around acting like a "skank" that they will look at you and treat you as one. I hope you haven't taken offense to this.
Enjoy your cruise!
~Cassie
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:04 PM
Admiral

"Id worry more aobut that 14 year old out on the dance floor dry humpin the 45 year old"

Cassie, where did that come from?? That is absurd! I think Young & Fun is just trying to stir things up.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:16 PM
First Mate

You are prob. right. He most likely is trying to stir up trouble thatís fine but that doesn't give any one the right to start using discriminatory slurs toward homosexuals.
Also it may seem "Absurd" but it does happen. It actually took place a couple times on the Carnival ships I have been on (Fantasy, Spirit, and Triumph). Girls who couldn't have been over 16 and guys who couldn't have been under 40.
~Cassie

Post Edited (12-02-04 12:17)
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:20 PM
First Mate

Yup he's a troll. He didn't even post on the Gay/Lesbian cruising board. I hate when people do crap like this. Especially with touchy subjects like this.
~Cassie
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

By the looks of your post, you just seem to be trying to get a "rise" out of people. If not, hopefully you won't make spectacles of yourselves, especially in front of children. Live and let live, but don't be a fool.

Post Edited (12-02-04 12:34)

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04
Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:38 PM
DonD

Flaming is the performance of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting in the social context of a discussion board (usually on the Internet). Such messages are called flames, and are often posted in response to flamebait.

Although face to face flaming is as old as time itself, flaming on the Internet started in the Usenet hierarchies. A flame may have elements of a normal message, but is distinguished by its intent. A flame is never intended to be constructive, to further clarify a discussion, or to persuade other people. The motive for flaming is never dialectic, but rather social or psychological. Flamers are attempting to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority. Occasionally, flamers merely wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they are trolls.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to nycruiser

I am gay and I dont kiss, hold hands or anything like in public because, as unfair as it is, I respect the people I am around. I dont do it out of apathy for them I do it because I dont want to have people coming up and hurting me or calling me names. While I know other gay people think I am being too nice or whatever it is I just dont want to be bothered. I have been made fun of my whole life for being born this way so I at least want some peace when I cruise. I have been places and want to hold the hand of the person I love or kiss him just like hetero sexual couples get to do. But I dont because I wouldn't want to offend others.

Sadly when I was on the Carnival Legend last summer I was taking a walk one night up by the funnel area and stumbled on a teen couple in the midst of an "act". And they acted like I should not have been there!