Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2004, 10:03 AM
tigger04

Default RCCL Splendour of the Seas

If you've sailed on Splendour out of Tampa, can I get your feedback on the ship and it's activities? We've just come back on a 7-night Western Caribbean on it...would like to hear other's feelings........we want to book another cruise, and would also like feedback on the best cruises/ships with lots to do onboard as well as in ports.

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: RCCL Splendour of the Seas

Although I have not been on the Splendour, she is the sister ship to the Legend, Rhapsody, Vision of the Seas on which we have enjoyed ourselves. My son is booked on her for the Red Sox cruise late January.
Maybe you are now ready for a Voyager Class ship with ice skating rink, full basketball court, mini-golf, inline skating, promenade with a downtown side walk feeling, etc. Although these ships are huge, they are very easy to navigate from one end to the other. Public rooms are on the same decks with bow to aft easy access. We just cruised (our 16th) on the Mariner and she was really nice. She does an Eastern itinerary which would be nice for you out of Port Canaveral. We had a D1 cabin aft #1690. It was much wider inside and had a nice large balcony which accommodated 2 lounge chairs, two small chairs and a small table.
Bon Voyage
Old December 18th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Passenger

I have been once on Splendour and twice on Legend and some of the other vision ships. Legend and Splendour are pretty much identifcal. They don't have all the activities of the new ships but every time I have sailed the crew have been wonderful.

In the main dinning room the windows go straight from the first floor to the second floor, giving a wonderful view (Splendour and Legend are the only vision ships to have this), especially if you are on a scenic cruise like Alaska.

The center aft balcony has the biggest balcony (either D or JS). I also found the last inside (I believe is J) at the aft tends to be a little bigger or could just be I like the layout. If you are the aft is far away from the elavators and main stairs. There is a little stairway on one side which leads up into the Spa to the Solarium. Which was great if you wanted an afternoon snack of fries, burger or pizza. Plus walking down the long hall was great exercise.

When I went there were no alternate restaurants, so your choice was the solarium, main dinning room or the windjammer.

CD
Old December 18th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Passenger

I have been once on Splendour and twice on Legend and some of the other vision ships. Legend and Splendour are pretty much identifcal. They don't have all the activities of the new ships but every time I have sailed the crew have been wonderful.

In the main dinning room the windows go straight from the first floor to the second floor, giving a wonderful view (Splendour and Legend are the only vision ships to have this), especially if you are on a scenic cruise like Alaska.

The center aft balcony has the biggest balcony (either D or JS). I also found the last inside (I believe is J) at the aft tends to be a little bigger or could just be I like the layout. If you are the aft is far away from the elavators and main stairs. There is a little stairway on one side which leads up into the Spa to the Solarium. Which was great if you wanted an afternoon snack of fries, burger or pizza. Plus walking down the long hall was great exercise.

When I went there were no alternate restaurants, so your choice was the solarium, main dinning room or the windjammer.

CD
Old December 18th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Passenger

CD
Passenger

CD
Passenger

CD
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Passenger

CD
Old December 19th, 2004, 07:30 AM
David Upton

Default Re: Re: RCCL Splendour of the Seas

Greetings: Can you tell me more of the "Red Sox Cruise" in late January? My wife and I will be on the Splendour Jan 22 thru 29th and I have not heard about this. David
Old December 19th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Just returned from a 7 day aboard the Splendour. This was our 3rd cruise in the last 4 months. The first was aboard the Caribbean Princess. Way too many passengers aboard this ship, with too few crew. The "Personal Choice" dining may be nice for many, but it makes everyone show up at the theatre at the same time. If you want a seat you must arrive an hour ahead of the showtime. The second was the Oosterdam. This too is an almost new ship, but very poorly designed IMO. The lounges are chopped up, and the passenger flow is almost non existant. The food is average at best, and very bland. No seasoning at all on most food, and not much choice on the menu. Last cruise was the Splendour. This is an 8 year old ship, but was far and away the best of these three cruises. The crew was great. Service second to none, shows excellent, and food much better than either of the other two cruises mentioned. You'll enjoy this cruise, without a doubt. If you have any specific questions, ask away.
Happy sailing,
Ken