Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Gancv

Default Adventure of the Seas 7/31/05

We will be going on our honeymoon on the AOS out of San Juan on 7/31/05. We will have the following itinerary: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. Johns, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados. We have never sailed with RCCL before.

I actually have two questions:

1. I am currently in a balcony cabin, category D3, #6534. I have read that the balcony isn't quite as "open" on deck 6 versus deck 7, 9 or 9. Is this true? Is it worth the little extra to upgrade to category D2 or D1 to get a better view?

2. Which side of the ship would be preferred on this ship/itinerary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:58 AM
JennCandi

Default Re: Adventure of the Seas 7/31/05

We'll be going on our honeymoon on June 26 on that boat. We are in a D2 category and looking to upgrade to a D1. Sorry, can't answer your questions, but would like to know the difference between the categories as well.

Jenn
Old December 20th, 2004, 12:05 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Re: Adventure of the Seas 7/31/05

Yes, on the Voyager class ships (incl Adventure), there is an "obstructed" view from balcony cabins on the 6th floor. Specifically they have more metal on the fronts of the balcony and the ones on 7th floors and higher have more glass, so the view is better. I was lucky enought to find this out from this message board when I sailed on Voyager and was able to upgrade to the 7th floor for around $20, which was well worth it.

If you've never sailed on a Voyager class ship, you are in for a treat they are amazing. Absolutely HUGE but in a good way, with lots to do, especially if you are sports minded. The Royal Promenade with all the shops, bars, etc. is great too. A fun place to just browse or hang around and people watch.
Old December 20th, 2004, 12:07 PM
cricket55

I forgot to answer your other question. We prefer to be on the port (left) side since you usually have a better view while in port.
Old December 21st, 2004, 11:49 AM
JennCandi

Thanks for the info. We changed our room to a D1 on the port side. We on the 7th floor, still towards the aft, but closer to the middle than the D2. I can't wait!!!
Old December 23rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
pcboston

We were on Adventure of the Seas in May 2004 and the itinerary is fantastic and the ship itself is mind-blowing. I think these Voyager class ships are the most beautiful out there and there is just so much to see and do. The sister ship Explorer was just as wonderful. You made a great choice for your honeymoon. The only problem is it may spoil you for other ships. After these, almost nothing is the same. Congratulations.
Old December 24th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Patti and Dave

Default Re: Re: Adventure of the Seas 7/31/05

HI all,
My boyfriend and I are going on the Adventure of the Seas on May 21st. 2005. We are doing a precruise at the Carib Hilton. Does anyone know if there are any good places to eat near the hotel? How far away is the cruise pier from the hotel? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also any photos of the Southern Caribbean would be helpful. Thanks. Have a safe and Happy Holiday season!!:0)
Old January 2nd, 2005, 07:04 AM
Denies

We did deck 7 mid-ship on the left side if looking at is straight ahead. I don't know if that is aft, port, bow or stern sorry. You will love this ship. We are going again in Sept. and taking my parents. We are in a suite this time but a balcony is a must of this cruise. My husband and I would order room service every morning and eat breakfast on the balcony and drink our coffee. Some of the island are not much to look at in some places they are very poor. My only suggestion is in either St. Lucia or Antigua do not do the swim the the stingrays, very disappointing.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 08:16 AM
Admiral

New to cruisin', so what side is port (left) when looking at the ship? For cricket 55, what cabin # did you have? thanks
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:05 AM
Admiral

We were told when you are on the ship, looking towards the front or the bow, then the left side is the port side, right side is starboard and the rear is the aft. Hope this helps.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM
Admiral