Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2004, 05:41 PM
Beginner

Default Voyager

I may have to change my intended cruise itin and ship because I failed to act quick enough. My TA is suggesting the Royal Carib Voyager of the Seas with stops in Nassau (yuck), St. Thomas, San Juan and Haiti. Any comments or input? How does this itinerary appeal to teens? What can I do in Nassau that is new and different? What about San Juan? HELP. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2004, 09:42 AM
cricket55

Default Re: Voyager

Voyager is a great ship and fantastic for teens. We took our 18 yr old son on it and he had a blast.

As for the itinerary, while it may not be the best one for teens, it will still be fun. St Thomas has lots to do.....aquarium would appeal to teen and Magens Bay is a great beach. San Juan might appeal if you do a tour, perhaps to the rainforest or something. Otherwise, San Juan is more of a sightseeing and shopping port. Haiti (Labadee) is a private area not accessible to locals (other than some artisans and shopkeepers permitted access) and is great for teens, with lots of water sports and activities and a BBQ beach lunch. I've never been to Nassau so I can't comment on that but you seem to have previous knowledge based on your yuck comment so I assume you have been there.

The ship will be wonderful and that itself will make a great cruise for you and your teen.
Old December 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923

Just got off the VOS on 12/24. I would prefer the Eastern Caribbean. Our cruise was the Western Caribbean and because of the weather (rain and high winds) we were not able to dock in Labadee since we had to tender in. Also had to tender in to Grand Cayman. If the weather is not good, you won't dock there. I prefer the Eastern since we don't have to tender in.
Old December 30th, 2004, 07:28 AM
sailtheseas

We have been on various cruises throughout the Caribbean. Each island, in my opinion has something different to offer. That said, we now choose the ship and not the destinations although in other parts of the world we do the opposite. We are going on the Voyager in Feb and are visiting the same islands you mentioned in your post. Since we have not been on a voyager class before, that is what made up our minds. So perhaps you may want to pick the ship first. As for things to do, we never get bored on any island unless we fly there and stay for more than 3 or 4 days. Your son, like our daughter will have fun!
have a great trip!
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Voyager is a great ship for teens. Our teens loved it! Try some excursions, the ship is great. Have a blast!

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:31 PM
BigCraig

VOS was a great ship, did it in 2002, going back on in July 2005, loved Labadee, but I do not think they have a place to dock??? Coral World and Atlantas in Nassau was a lot of fun also, I can do without San Juan though, too much like Miami.
Johnny Rockets had good food and we are glad they have a cover charge of $3.95 may help reduce the wait.