Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2005, 12:10 PM
my $.02

Default SeaPass Payment Question....

I am going to give RCCL my cc info for my seapass, it will be a regular visa card. Being that I like to pay for everything in cash, I want to go to the pursers desk on the last day and pay off the majority of the balance on my vise check card ( Is this able to be done?

Reason why I do not give the check card first is due to the fact they "pre approve" your balance from each day, then at the end of the crusie they charge the card for the entire thing. Bad part of this is that the "pre approved" amount does not get released back to you for 3 - 5 days!

Has anyone ever given one card, but used another to pay the fianl balance on the last day?
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: SeaPass Payment Question....

Actually, I believe you can pay with cash by the end of your cruise. I used a debit card and had them up my daily limit for the month of my last cruise so I could pay the total amount out of my checking. Usually you have a $500 daily limit and I knew I'd spend more than that on the ship.
I have to tell you, I loved the whole SeaPass concept. I LOVED not having to carry cash around! Good luck!

Old January 4th, 2005, 01:35 PM
my $.02

THe issue with that is that with mine, they "pre approve" like $250 per day. Then at the end of say a 5 day cruise, they carge me for the entire $1250 (assume I spent $250.00 per day).

THe 1250 they have been approving along the way does not get "released" to me for 3 - 5 days, and that I dont like.

So, I was going to give them my visa that I dont even use anyway as I like to pay cash for everything, then give them my check card at the end for 1 BIG payment on the entire account.

Just not sure if I can do that.
Old January 4th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

So, I was going to give them my visa that I dont even use anyway as I like to pay cash for everything, then give them my check card at the end for 1 BIG payment on the entire account
You'll have no problem doing that. Just head to guest relations the last day of the cruise, and have them charge your check card.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 4th, 2005, 02:15 PM
my $.02

I appreciate the assistance!