Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Maher

Default Recommendations-Ship/port

Hi all. My family of 5 (2 adults, 14, 12 and 7 year old) would like to take a cruise this summer. We have taken one cruise so far. November 2003 on Carnival Elation. We drove from Dallas to Galveston to take the ship. We enjoyed it and the kids would like to go again.

I would like to take a Voyager Class Ship on RCL this time. No perferences. We will be going sometime this summer. I would like a newer/nicer ship and I'm not sure of the ages/conditions of the RCLS ships. Also, I hear good things about RCL's voyager (large) ships.

I can do New Orleans or Florida (I can probably drive NO, but would fly to FL). Flexable on dates, but has to be during school summer days. It would be nice to save money. We did the one cabin with 5 on Carnival (and we survived). I would like to do 2 or even suite. Any recommendations on ship/port and also destination for that time of year? This is a family vacation, so wild parties are not what we are looking for. I would love to hear ways to save!!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Recommendations-Ship/port

Hi Maher,
I would decide fairly shortly, those summer months fill up very fast, expecially when traveling with the family. I'd check with a travel agent and see whats available and go from there, beware, the prices will be high.

The Voyager of the Seas would be a wonderful family vacation, the kids will love it!

Best of luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Same with the Mariner of the Seas out of Cocoa Beach or Port Canaveral as they call it now. You could get a balcony room for the adults and put the kids across the hall in a Promenade room. They will have a window looking at the mall area.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:05 PM
peterp

We took the kids on an Adventurer of the Seas cruise and they had a great time. All kinds of things to do.
Old January 9th, 2005, 06:06 PM
jrlead

We have been on the exployer and Voyager. Both were great and much to do for the kids.