Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2005, 10:10 PM
FrankP

Default Mariner of the Seas 4/17/05

First time on a cruise for us. Who else is going?
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mariner of the Seas 4/17/05

First time on a cruise and you picked one of the biggest and most fantastic ship. Be sure to explore every inch of her. Be sure to check out the art work in the stairwells (awesome) and the view from the restrooms by the Windjammer. We want to sail her again...SOON!! ENJOY!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 5th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Passenger

Sorry, we are going on her March 20, spring break
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Kiki D

Default Re: Re: Mariner of the Seas 4/17/05

Hi, I have a few questions for CA Cruiser, we are considering the Mariner for next November. Any state room suggestions, there are four of us. Last year we had side by side balcony rooms on the Caribbean Princess (it gave us two bathrooms, great with teen age girls!). The rooms did not adjoin, but the partition between the balconies could be unlocked and opened. Do the balcony partitions on the Mariner open? Are there laundry facilities on the Mariner? Is Labadee a tendered stop or is the ship docked? How about transportation to and accomodations in Port Canaveral? Lots of questions... any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks, Kiki D
Old January 5th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Kiki D
I believe the partitions can be opened but not 100% sure. Instead of two balcony rooms you might consider a balcony with a Promenade room across the hall. They will have an inside cabin with a window view of the gorgeous Promenade and can see all the activities. There are no self-serve laundry facilities but they do offer laundry services for a nominal fee. Dry cleaning was the same as we paid at home and I use coupons. I think Labadee was a tendered stop and we enjoyed the beach. The beach chairs are free to use but the workers have their hand out for a nice tip to set them up for you. If you want privacy, just keep walking past the first group or so and go to the right. We walked almost to the end. The food was good too.

We have done Port Canaveral twice. I know the area because I grew up there. The first time flew in to Orlando, took the Cocoa Beach shuttle and we stayed at the Radisson at the Port because that is where my class reunions are held. It was very nice but the restaurants are expensive so we walked to the right of the hotel and had Subway for dinner. We took the ship’s transfer back to the airport on our return.

This last year we arrived 2 days early, rented a car from Budget. Their return is across the street from the port and they have a free shuttle. We stayed down A1A about 3 miles at the Hampton Inn. They have a complimentary continental breakfast every morning but there is also the Waffle House or IHOP within walking distance. Originally we had planned to stay 1 night afterwards and booked a hotel near the airport, taking the ships transfer back to the airport again, then calling the hotel for their free shuttle. But Hurricane Frances interrupted and we were rerouted to Miami.

I have heard people fly into Orlando, rent a hotel with free shuttle service, spend the night then return to the airport in the morning to catch the ships shuttle. You would have to purchase round trip transfers.

Hope this helps. Anymore question, I would be happy to help answer.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 6th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Taylor's friend

We sailed on the Mariner in November. This port is one of the easiest we have left from.We arrived a day ahead as always and stayed at the Hampton Inn. Parking is free while on the cruise and the shuttle cost $6.00 round trip to the ship. Can't beat that price. The hotel makes the reservation when you check in. The Mariner is beautiful as all of their ships. Embarking starts around 11am, they tell you later, but don't believe that. Also the ship comes in to port very early and first disembarkment is 7am. This was wonderful. We didn't believe it would happen, but its true. The shuttle was waiting just outside of the terminal for us and we left for the hotel. It was a fantastic trip. We were in our car and leaving Florida by 8:15am. Have fun