Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Mark Bouchard

Default Dophin Swim & Snorkel Adventure

On the advice of a coworker who did a similar Dolphin swim in Key Largo, Florida, my family of 5 are thinking about taking this shore excursion in Cozumel from the Navigator during our April 16 cruise. Has anyone experienced this shore excursion and is it really as spectacular as advised and worth the high price? I'd appreciate any comments.
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Dophin Swim & Snorkel Adventure

Mark

We did the sea lion swim in Cozumel and had a great time. I did the dolphin swim in the Bahamas and yes it was worth the money.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Doris Miller

I did this in Cozumel and it was fantastic! The park is also a nice place to spend the day. They have a nice beach, ruin to see, and a dolphin show. I booked direct with dolphin discovery.com
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Dophin Swim & Snorkel Adventure

Doris,

In the description of this shore excursion on the RCI website it talks about snorkeling with the dolphins at a natural reef. Can you also see other types of marine life? Cozumel is supposed to be one of the best places in the world to snorkel.

Thanks.
Cyndi
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Alynn

We did this shore excursion in November from the Navigator & although the experience moved my wife to tears (the dolphins are such beautiful gentle creatures) I was slightly disappointed at the amount of interaction with the dolphins that we experienced compared to friends who went the year before. We think that comparing our video with our friends that dolphin discovery have cut their programmes back. For starters they had two dolphins we had one, they did much more with the dolphins than we did.
having said that we wouldnt have missed the experience for the world.
The experience takes place in a large pen usually in groups of ten. first you get to stroke the dolphin, shake hands with him then get towed through the water on a belly ride. After this you don your snorkel & get together in a ring and the dolphin swims around & between you. You can take your water cameras.
The water is like a warm bath. We saw wild dolphins & baracuda outside of the pen. Afterwards there is a great beach for sunbathing and some good snorkelling. If you want to stay longer than the allotted time dolphin discovery will give you a taxi voucher (there are plenty of taxis) to get back to the ship. Be aware the photos & videos are expensive
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:14 PM
mgbouchard

Default Re: Re: Dophin Swim & Snorkel Adventure

Thanks to all for the insight to this excursion. We booked the Dolphin swim and are really anxious to get to April to go on the cruise.